[Release] Advanced Shellpack cX2K 1.0.1 (unstable's avalable)

ChrisKuhli

Hello to all XPize friends!

It's created from the XPize Sources but can it be testet without screwing your System?

I hope for testers debugging the pack as damian666 does...

Have a close look to that what i created:

cX2K.jpg

My pack is dedicated to X2K created by Dels

Like the older X2K this pack wants extend Windows 2000 at its best! E.g. Logon and Startmenü like WinXP MCE...

You can visit the english language project site on my homepage http://www.christiankuhlmann.de/x2k/ :thumbup

I'm very happy that XPero had opened the source of his pack. My pack source code will be shortly available...

Changelog:

\
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/
=============================> cX2K 1.0.1b, New version! <===========================

New Features:
-------------

- New Bootscreen, other graphics in kernel file(s) also new.
- Revolutions Pack for high resolution icons with antialiasing.
- An alternative color theme (a bit brighter), with the font Segoui OpenType.
- Some Sound Files: Nobody doesn't hear anymore that you're using Windows 2000!

First fixes:
------------

- New Bootscreen images (not really perfect)
- Readme.txt trailing line behaviour.

Issues:
-------
- A lot files aren't all smoothly patched to modern design...
- Bitmaps in bootscreen and msgina.dll/ shell32.dll are displaying Windows XP/ 2003.

:::: April 9, 2007 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
\
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/
================================> cX2K 1.0.0 Alpha 1 <===============================

Initial development based on XPize Sources

:::: April 4, 2007 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Issues of Alpha:

- Slipstream doesn't work from within nLite yet! 
=> Solution: At first run of cX2K Installation, select "Create cX2K Installation source" with nLite modified installation.
===========> Use that at safe place or in a virtual machine. After that you can patch your running Windows!

- Bitmaps representing Windows Version in msgina.dll and shell32.dll aren't correct modified, e.g. "XP" instead of "2000".
=> Solution: Fixed in next version.

- Files aren't all smoothly patched to modern design...
=> Solution: Can be fixed only with additional resources and suggestions, e.g. from you!

- Bootscreen appers white. Reason: Nonsense palette animation.

- Readme.txt appears a little bit crazy.

Here is the download link of alpha 1version 1.0.0.0, installer packed as RAR3 file

Here is the download link of alpha 2 version 1.0.1a, installer packed as RAR3 file

Here is the download link of beta 1 version 1.0.1b, installer packed as RAR3 file

Which versions functions well, which not?

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by ChrisKuhli

• 2 weeks later...

I did MSN with damian Yesterday lunch time ;) and i say it now officially: everybody of course also damian666 can work with me!

Working on the Beta1 was stopped since 14 days - i told him... Adding Features means adding bugs! Illness and absence from W2K/ PC made it not easier!