argh....same backdoor for both times?!

im1knight

last week ive been scanning with AVG anti-spyware and i found some trojan and backdoors..today...i did a scan..found the exact same backdoor as 1 week ago! they are just at different locations...i havent been on any other site other the sites i been on since last week. hmm...where did i get this stuff? how should i prevent form getting all this backdoor and torjans again? i use the mcafee siteadvisor to make sure all my sites are safe...every single website i been on are green..so i really don't get it where did i get all this virus... and should i change all my passwords...? do backdoors contain keyloggers or some key stocks?help pls.. here is a screenshot

post-129168-1175213211_thumb.jpg

Edited by im1knight

It is saving itself inside one of your restore points. I don't know for sure but it's possible AVG in particular isn't able to access anything within a restore point. I suggest you clear all your existing restore points or disable System Restore and then re-enable it. This will clear out that infection. The Kingston one there you should be able to delete yourself as well as the two HTM files there. There are worse malware out there. You might want to ditch AVG altogether and use Avast or a trial version of Kaspersky available here.

last week ive been scanning with AVG anti-spyware and i found some trojan and backdoors..today...i did a scan..found the exact same backdoor as 1 week ago! they are just at different locations...i havent been on any other site other the sites i been on since last week. hmm...where did i get this stuff? how should i prevent form getting all this backdoor and torjans again? i use the mcafee siteadvisor to make sure all my sites are safe...every single website i been on are green..so i really don't get it where did i get all this virus... and should i change all my passwords...? do backdoors contain keyloggers or some key stocks?help pls.. here is a screenshot

AVG is my favorite Anti-Virus program, but having said that, it's not a specific Anti-Trojan program.

Even though it does catch a trojan here and there, that's not its main focus. Even some Anti-Spyware programs will nail one, once in a while.

If you feel like you need more Anti-Trojan protection, then why don't you get a "Anti-Trojan" program?

I did.....and I've been very happy with it.

Trojan Hunter, is a first class Trojan Horse Virus removal program.

The downloaded version is a 30 day, Fully Functional, free trial.

Use the Free Trial to clean up a Dirty system or buy the retail license to have two years of

full service plus updates. Download "Trojan Hunter" here:

http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/

From the web page, just click "Download Free Trial Version"

It's a 5.9 meg download.

Like any piece of Security Software, it's only as good as its last update. SO, check for updates often and always do a scan after getting an update.

And then,,,,,what are you doing about Spyware protection?

NO ONE program is going to keep you Spyware free. It takes at least two.

Here's the main players in that game. All FREE, of course.

Spybot Search & Destroy, a great anti Spyware program.

Can be downloaded from:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_desc...id,22262,00.asp

For instructions on how to set up Spybot for best operation,

See my Spybot Setup instructions on this webpage.

AdAware SE/Personal. Another top notch anti Spyware program.

Can be downloaded from:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php

Spyware Blaster, a great Spyware Blocker.

Protects both I.E. and Mozilla Firefox.

Can be downloaded from:

Click here.

DO NOT use in conjunction with Microsoft Office. (They'll fight with one another)

You can always add AVG's Anti-Spyware program and of course MS's Windows Defender.

You can't protect the whole world, but you sure as heck can protect your own computer.

And, all the software to do it is absolutely FREE.

good luck,

Andromeda :thumbup

Trojan Hunter, is a first class Trojan Horse Virus removal program.

The downloaded version is a 30 day, Fully Functional, free trial.

Use the Free Trial to clean up a Dirty system or buy the retail license to have two years of

full service plus updates. Download "Trojan Hunter" here:

http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/

From the web page, just click "Download Free Trial Version"

It's a 5.9 meg download.

so after 30 days can i still use it? just without the protection and auto update? or i have to completely remove it after 30 days since it cant b used anymore..

Actually, disregard my previous suggestion of removing AVG. The latest anti-virus product comparison available at AV-Comparatives.org shows that AVG has better detection than Avast (shocker) but also freeware AntiVir has even better detection than Kaspersky and NOD32. These are reliable and unbiased third party comparisons, too. :)

I recommended Kaspersky mainly for it's ability to clean infections. I've used it on dozens of systems and it has cleaned them top to bottom. After 30 days you would have to buy it, but you could just use AntiVir, Avast or AVG. Does AVG still have a freeware version?

About the Kingsoft file, try doing it in Safe Mode or while booted to a CD with a command prompt or file manager. You could also try Unlocker on it. Kaspersky should be able to remove it on next reboot. It's never failed to do that for me.