cant slipstream sp2 into xp 64bit pro?

redrumy3

hello,

im not new to this have done this with xp and well i wanted to try my x64 again to benchmark it against , windows xp/x64/vista for my pc forums, and well i seen sp2 was out for x64 and so i downloaded go to load it and i get an error @ end saying update.exe is not compatible.. any ideas?

untitledna4.png

aajx0.png

i seen sp2 was out for x64 and so i downloaded go to load it and i get an error @ end saying update.exe is not compatible.. any ideas?
Maybe you got the trouble because SP1 was already integrated.

If you have the original XP x64 version (without SP1), try to use this source.

Edited by Fernando 1

i wonder if extracting to temp folder -&&- manual replace setup.exe64 with setup.exe32

would do the trick as, its both the same installer (i geuss also the same inf structure)...

how about trying...

> extract (with 7zip or other util), winxp-x64-sp2-enu.exe to c:\x64sp2\

> rename c:\x64sp2\setup.exe to: c:\x64sp2\setup.exe.x64

> > extract from 32bit version of sp1 or sp2 setup.exe to c:\x64sp2\

do setup.exe /? or setup.exe /help to find the cmdline arg for manual slipstreaming....

fernando thats why i posted my - 'solution' - i dont have the xp-x64 version of windows at home to test it though, but i wonder if it works, dont see why not though......

fernando thats why i posted my - 'solution' - i dont have the xp-x64 version of windows at home to test it though, but i wonder if it works, dont see why not though......
Your "solution" is worth to be tried, if redrumy3 doesn't have a 64bit OS.

I just wanted to certify dead0's speculation about the reason why redrumy3 got the error message by just slipstreaming the SP2 EXE file into XPx64 from within a 32bit OS.

yep worked just fine :) thanks alot saved me alot of time lol