Hopefully Simple $OEM$ folders question

Vectorferret

I want to populate the Desktop and the My Documents folders of a user created in nLite's unattended install area. Is it as simple as just making the folders "$OEM$\userdir\Desktop" and "$OEM$\userdir\My Documents" and putting things in there? Or will those folders not be considered the same or copy at the wrong part of setup or something like that? If that won't work, how should I go about doing so?

Edit - And am I also able to put things such as "My Music" or "My Pictures" inside that My Documents?

Edited by Vectorferret

Create a batch file that does all the work for you. It will get launched at first login. You'll have to manually edit the WINNT.SIF file that's created once the Unattended part is complete in order for the batch file to run properly. In the batch file, have these lines:

*assuming Bob is the name of the user you created

@ehco off
copy %SYSTEMDRIVE%\temp\whatever_goes_on_desktop.abc "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents And Settings\bob\desktop"
copy %SYSTEMDRIVE%\temp\whatever_goes_in_mydocs.abc "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents And
Settings\bob\my documents"
copy %SYSTEMDRIVE%\temp\whatever_goes_in_mymusic.abc "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents And Settings\bob\my documents\my music"
copy %SYSTEMDRIVE%\temp\whatever_goes_in_mypics.abc "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents And Settings\bob\my documents\my pictures"
rd /s /q %systemdrive%\temp

On the installation CD, create an $OEM$ folder at root level, then within that, create a $1 folder, then within that, create a temp folder. In this temp folder, place the items you need copied to desktop, my docs, my pictures, etc as well as the batch file. Call the batch file install.cmd and in the [GUIRunOnce] section of WINNT.SIF (if there is no GUIRunOnce section, then type it in at the bottom), include this:

[GUIRunOnce]

"%systemdrive%\temp\install.cmd" (leave quotes)

Good luck. :thumbup

EDIT: Come to think of it, I believe there's a RunOnce tab in Unattended, just include the above line for where GUIRunOnce is and nLite should add it automatically. Of course, you'll still need to create the folders on the disc.

Edited by strotee76