Error through the installation

barspi

Thanks for vlite, first of all !!!

It comes an error through the installation after vlite 0.9beta !!! the error is the advice of WINDOWS security (that i keep in my iso) and it says: windows can't verify the pubblisher of this driver software ... so it let me choose if install or not .

I click on install every time and the installation goes perfectly on.

I keep, in the driver section , only the ethernet drivers and i put the integration of my screen drivers and the audio drivers....

How can i stop these advices that are so boring through the installation ????

Thanks everybody ....

That popup is there because you integrated Non-WHQL drivers. You can use WHQL drivers if they are available for your hardware, also some users managed to use some policy reg tweak but it didn't work on my tests, gotta retry that for the next ver but don't hold your breath, MS wants us to use WHQL drivers only. 64bit is even locked to it.

so you think that depends from my drivers and not because i've kept the ethernet ????

ok i understand ... i will try not to integrate my drivers ... and i'll see ...

thanks ...

PS: will it possible to put also the language pack in a near future with vlite ????

Better to install drivers and click few popups than to install it later manually which would be more clicks ;)

Of course it's possible but the question would be is it more interesting than removing more and adding tweaks. For English speaking crowd, which are greater in numbers, latter is more interesting.

I don't agre for the pop ups because, through the installation , i click 25 popups ... i think there's less to click if i install the drivers after vista .... anyway i prefer in that way ... i will try tomorrow and i will write here as soon as i can ...

cheers everybody ....

25!

Man...I get 3-4.

It must be that one of your (beta?) drivers has many INF files.

25 ... yes ....

They aren't beta ... maybe is it possible that the modem usb drivers are for xp and not for vista ???

I'm going to try right now the new iso without drivers of any kind ....

About the language pack. maybe i wrote something wrong ( sorry ) ... i don't want to put the lang pack inside vlite but an option to install the lang pack as we do for the drivers .... do you understand what i mean ???

OK i've done ...

I didn't install any drivers so no popups come to me ....

Now ... i ask you , if i choose not to install the windows security center, i will see the popups of my drivers , through the installation ???

Thanks thanks everybody ....