[RELEASE] Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2

neo

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2

Overview

Service Pack 2 for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is now available. SQL Server 2005 service packs are cumulative, and this service pack upgrades all service levels of SQL Server 2005 to SP2. You can use these packages to upgrade any of the following SQL Server 2005 editions:

Enterprise

Enterprise Evaluation

Developer

Standard

Workgroup

Note: To upgrade SQL Server 2005 Express Edition, obtain the SP2 version of Express Edition or Express Edition with Advanced Services.

System Requirements

Supported Operating Systems:

Windows 2000 Service Pack 4;

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1;

Windows Vista;

Windows XP Service Pack 1

32-bit systems (x86)

PC with Intel or compatible Pentium III 600 MHz or higher processor (1 GHz or faster recommended)

64-bit systems (x64, ia64)

1GHz or faster processor

Minimum of 512 MB of RAM (1 GB or more recommended)

675 MB of available hard disk space

Note: SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is designed to run on Windows Vista and Windows Server "Longhorn." For more information about installing and running SQL Server 2005 on Windows Vista and Windows Server "Longhorn," see this Microsoft Web site.

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2

this was already released 2 weeks ago. What has changed since this release?

It's rather old news, but this is a new build of SP2 nonetheless (see bug info here).

:hello: thanz for join me.

Well, it's not a joining thing. I'm not taking sides here.

I'm generally against posting such updates (or even most posts that start with [release]) unless they benefit most people or such, like a SP for Windows (and are in the right section, like news). The number of SQL Server users here is likely quite low, and I think most of them already heard of this in a way or another via any developer blog, rss feed or such.

And even if it's not the same build of SP2 (so still new in a way), it would have been helpful to point it out, as most people would just think it's old news...

Edit (to make the post more useful): As a side note, this is just for the "full thing". For the express ed, you have to redownload the whole thing again here.

You also want the updated BOL too (Feb 2007 here), Samples (Feb 2007 here), the feature pack (Feb 2007 here). There's also a Best Practices Analyzer (Feb 2007 CTP here). There's also a few more downloads for MS Office and Sharepoint, a bunch of readmes and all that if you want it.

There's about 1.25GB worth of stuff in total (around 30 separate downloads) for those who didn't already download all of this last month.

Edited by crahak