Internet explore, Outlook express, WMP10 are not installed

cyberdemon

Hi, I've used this great program for quite a long time.

Since the version 1.3.0, I have serious problem which several programs are not installed.

I've never had this problem until the version 1.2.2.

Unforfunately I can't check what could cause it because I already deleted old versions of HFSLIP.

At T-13 installation, I opened command window and checked 'Program Files' folder,

and there were empty 'internet explore', 'outlook express', and several other folders.

also there was no main executable file of WMP 10.

I don't know what causes this problem.

Does anyone have the same problem with me?

Can somebody help me to fix it? :wacko:

I attached my HFSLIP.LOG

well, I was supposed to try the other versions of HFSLIP before 1.3.0,

but I deleted those files so that I couldn't test if higher versions causes the same problem.

Can somebody send me or tell me the link to old versions of HFSLIP?

I can't find them in google search.

HFSLIP_log.zip

Edited by cyberdemon

sure, here is is my HFSLIP.LOG
just kindly attach it as a compressed file ;)
Can somebody send me or tell me the link to old versions of HFSLIP?I can't find them in google search.
you may try using the link of the current test rel & just change the ver ... it should be there if TC still has not removed those yet ... ;) i can post an older ver here if permitted ... or if the attachment size would not be allowed (as it would go over the limit)

your HFSLIP.log seems alright ... i'm sure you've used TC's dynamic list for supported HFs ... have you tried removing WINNT.sif? what is hosts? would you have the main application for this: StepByStepInteractiveTraining-KB923723-x86-KOR.exe?

Edited by Kiki Burgh

thanks for the answer, KiKi.

1. 'hosts' file is for bypassing WGA check.

2. I don't have Step-by-Step interative main program

Because those files didn't make any problems with prior versions of HFSLIP, I didn't think that makes the problem.

However, I'll try reinstalling without those files, also WINNT.SIF file.

As ur advice, I downloaded several old versions in test version's link by changing date number. B)

I'm going to dig it up!

that was quick! have you not added anything since your last successful run? try taking those out if you did ... was compression option also changed? how about your source? at this point, i'd suggest that you try to extract from the run the following files in case either TC or TP asks for it: HFSLIP.cmd (from i386/svcpack), DOSNET.inf, DRVINDEX.inf, HFSLIPWU.inf, SVCPACK.inf, SYSOC.in_, HFSLIP.log, TXTSETUP.sif ... do update us too if your prob doesn't really exist in older vers ...

Thanks KiKi, Glowy for ur quick response!

Yeah, I've used TC's dynamic list with some updates from Windows Update Catalog website.

Glowy, can u tell me which files are obsolete?

As KiKi u said, I added some hotfixes and updates since I successfully installed windows xp last time.

That was exactly the same as the February update list which is in the_guy's windows xp update thread.

Changelog:

February 17-Added 928255, 927802, 928843, 927779, 926436, 924667, 918118, and 928090. Removed 925454, 921398, and 922616

Also I changed driver compression method to D, which was A when it didn't have any problems.

May it cause the problem?

If so, I have lots of things to do for checking what makes that problem.. :no:

Now I'm installing windows xp again using HFSLIP 1.4.0 with driver compression method A and without February hotfixes and updates

I'm getting sick of re-installing xP

If I can't even fix it with those options, I'll post some files from the working copy.

Edited by cyberdemon

StepByStepInteractiveTraining-KB923723-x86-KOR.exe is not supported because it's an update for Step By Step Interactive Training which is not part of Windows.

I see you use SPXCAB. Did you change the reference to driver.cab in all INF files to spx.cab?

Hi Tomcat76, thanks for ur answer. Yeah, I already changed every references to driver.cab to spx.cab.

I've been trying to fix that problem, and I almost have the clue what causes that strange problem.

Something in HFCABS folder gets some programs not to be installed.

When I excluded everything in HFCABS folder (simply I changed the folder name), xp installation didn't have a problem.

I'm gonna figure out which specific files makes trouble.

Edited by cyberdemon

Well of course this post got my attention. No IE? That's a good thing!

(Relax, I'm joking)

Make sure Explorer shows invisible files. Are those folders truly empty? I won't go into the hows and whys but sometimes, under certain circumstances, the progs are installed but are hidden.

Can you send me your IE.IN_, MSOE*.IN_, and syssetup.inf files? Just email 'em to me and I'll have a look, I'm curious about this.

Edited by fdv

Hey guys, finally I fixed that problem!

In HFCABS folder, if I have swflash.cab (Adobe Flash Player) it makes that weird problem.

When I excluded swflash.cab file, my XP installation didn't make any trouble.

However, it's really strange. When I have old versions of HFSLIP, I didn't have that problem.

fdv, if u still want to look into the files u mentiond above, I can send those files to u.

Are u interested in? :P

Huh~ I've spent almost one day to figure it out. gosh...

I think I may have a clue, then. Can you run HFSLIP again WITH swflash.cab, then ZIP SWFLASH.IN_ from both the SOURCE\I386 and the SOURCESS\I386 folder (you can rename them), and attach the ZIP here? Thanks...