Direct Integration support

Borec

Is it true, I can integrate only hotfixes, that are currently supported by the used version of nlite, so I heve to wait for the next version of nlite, if I wish to integrate the hotfixes of February? And what about hotfixes, that are localized in my language not in english?

Doesn't it matter, if I let nlite to integrate hotfixes, that were replaced with some newer hotfixes?

Hotfixes, Direct integration:

German hotfixes to German windows source

English hotfixes to English windows source

etc.....

there are some multi lang

example, WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe

If a newer hotfix comes out and isn't supported by the latest nLite.

Report and wait for new release of nLite, which probably will support it.

New unsupported hotfixes are set to run during the windows install.

It will also install hotfixes (during the windows install) for parts of Windows, that I've removed by nlite?

E. g. - if I remove Windows Media Player - any hotfix for it, wich I'll integrate by nlite will be installed on nonexistent W. M. P. ?

It will do a big mess ...

What if I have some hotfix, which was replaced with some newer, but I don't know it and I let to integrate both with nlite. What will happen?

nLite always choose the newer files.

If a file is newer in your windows install source, then nLite will use that file instead of the older file of the hotfix.

But that is something you have to keep track of.

Just integrate the hotfixes you need!

What do you mean by: "New unsupported hotfixes are set to run during the windows install" ?

Direct integration means:

reg keys and newer files are added to the windows install source

This saves space.

A newer hotfix that is not supported, will be set to update your source when you install windows.

During install process!

A hotfix that is not supported is copied to your windows source folder I386\svcpack

Then you see the setup

example

KB911562.exe

means direct integration was not sucessful!

if you see KB911562.ca_

that means direct integration was sucessful ;)

try enabling Display reports for hotfixes and then you will see.

Hotfix section

Advanced

check Display reports

then you can choose if you want to set unsupported hotfixes to install at windows install or not.

It will also install hotfixes (during the windows install) for parts of Windows, that I've removed by nlite?

E. g. - if I remove Windows Media Player - any hotfix for it, wich I'll integrate by nlite will be installed on nonexistent W. M. P. ?

It will do a big mess ...

It's even a bigger mess if you choose what you do not need ;)

But it wont do what you think it will.

This question is better suited for nuhi :)

Edited by hulkviper

Thanks,

"It's even a bigger mess if you choose what you do not need"

It means, that nuhi creates his nlite in a way that only removes some files from the instalation,

it means there is no way to slice windows properly -

- nuhi is just finding files, that can be useing by some aplication or service of windows and let them to remove?

I used to think, windows are modular ...

So, I have a lot of hotfixes (some Czech pack - cca 80 MB), but I really don't know, what they are parts of (for which part of windows).

Btw. - are Czech hotfixes supported by nlite (integrated), or are they only installed during windows installation?

Thanks,

"It's even a bigger mess if you choose what you do not need"

It means, that nuhi creates his nlite in a way that only removes some files from the instalation,

- nuhi is just finding files, that can be useing by some aplication or service of windows and let them to remove?

I used to think, windows are modular ...

So, I have a lot of hotfixes (some Czech pack - cca 80 MB), but I really don't know, what they are parts of (for which part of windows).

Btw. - are Czech hotfixes supported by nlite (integrated), or are they only installed during windows installation?

no matter what language.

If you have the same source as your hotfix it will be OK!

Sounds as if you say that it's nuhis job, as far as I know it isn't!

He tries his best to keep new hotfixes supported.

You said:

nLite does not only remove files, also reg keys

windows properly, what that means for you I do not know.

If everything is removed, what else is left ;)

nuhi isn't alone, many here help him.

"If everything is removed, what else is left" - sorry - I wanted to say, that nuhi let you by means of nlite to remove ...

Does it mean, that the - for example - WindowsXP-KB885250-x86-CSY.exe can be properly integrated (not only instaled during windows instalation), regardless of the characters "CSY" ?

I think, windows install firstly the newer hotfixes and then the older - but if some component of windows is missing (removed), then I'm not sure what will become ...

there is a keep and delete box ;)

see this

117270122632d672.gif

About hotfixes, the filename does not matter.

If you want to be sure, click on Build date in hotfix section.

the hotfix on top is integrated first.

starts from top to bottom.

Edited by hulkviper

Pretty-pretty, if you know what you do.

For example - I've just "untwisted" the issue of windows services - useing a little modified settings of Black Viper. (I need just keep only 25 services)

But to hotfixes - in my language - there is a forum, where people try to find links to kritical updates and then they made a pack, where shold be they all,

but sometimes there are some duplicate (older yet unused hotfixes, that were replaced by newer ones) and I also don't know, if they are all supported by nlite, but it perhaps doesn't matter - You say - I can choose - nlite tells me, if some of them isn't supported and I decide, if I want to let it install during windows installation process.

Yes, nLite will tell you if the hotfix is supported if you have Display Reports checked

the best way is to download of Microsoft.

then you know what you need.

Why try :P

A good tool to easy download important hotfixes is Windows Updates Downloader

http://wud.jcarle.com/

Download

Windows Updates Downloader 2.25 WUD225B886Setup.exe

Check what windows you need in product

Czech is included as you can see

Edited by hulkviper

Very nice, I've used Belarc Advisor - it also tells you kritical hotfixes, that you miss.

It would be satisfactory for me to know - if I let nlite only integrate "supported" hotfixes (Yuo say - nlite makes it at first, before component removing),

than the removing process comes through properly, exactly as if I didn't integrate any hotfix.

Btw. is there any list of hotfixes, that are supported by nlite?