How to execute registry reg during nLite install?

Kingskawn

No, it's a little more complicated than that. I guess I had a fair amount of assumption in my reply.

1. Do you want this installation to be unattended? (no interaction on your part)

2. If you answered No to 1, then you won't have a WINNT.SIF file. (FYI, it's placed in the i386 folder)

3. If you do have a WINNT.SIF file, then you will also need to create an $OEM$ folder on your CD and place the CABS folder and batch file inside a $1 folder (D:\$OEM$\$1\CABS\(this is where the REG and BATCH file will exist). This folder (CABS) is copied to the root level of the hard drive during installation and then the batch file is ran immediately after you log in for the first time.

Hopefully that didn't confuse you too much.

If it did, this is a good link

To be honest, I don't use nLite for my unattended part since my WINNT.SIF does everything I need it to already.

So the only thing you're missing is being able to import registry settings into the install? If that's the case, then my method still stands. Learn more about creating $OEM$ folders and using the [GUIRunOnce] section in WINNT.SIF to run batch files. For example:

batch file = batch.cmd

reg file = settings.reg

CD directory:

root level folders on CD - i386, $OEM$, other misc folders

in the $OEM$ folder, have a folder called - $1

in the $1 folder, have a folder called - CABS

in the CABS folder - place batch.cmd and settings.reg

in the WINNT.SIF file under [GUIRunOnce] - "%systemdrive%\CABS\batch.cmd" (leave the quotes)

in the batch.cmd file - regedit /s %systemdrive%\CABS\settings.reg