Slight problems with Win2K + 1.3.1

HachiRoku

Hi

I've been using HFSLIP for a time now, and I really like it.

I slipstream everything with HFSLIP and, as I use spanish lenguage, it's easier to use nLite to reduce and eliminate stuff; and I've been doing it like that always...

The problem I faced now it's really weird: I allways slipstreamed all the updates, IE6, and useful stuff (not the Windows Update stuff) from the TomCat's update list + original SP4 webvw.dll + WinXP NTLoader files into Windows 2000 SP4. But since I started using 1.3 series HFSLIP, I'm having rare issues in Win2K, like the My Computer icon missing (not showing on desktop), really slow first start (after logon), errors with DX9 files (Mpeg2Data.ax) and it doesn't "recognizes" [if it spelled correctly] the NTLoader files.

Of course the most annoying thing is the missing "My computer" icon, which I use a lot (as everyone I think...)

Well, that's it, those are the problems, I just wanted to report them as feedback... And also ask if someone could give me a link or something where to download the 1.2.2 version of HFSLIP (with that I could make the same things [except the DX9 file issue] without errors or missing icons/stuff)

Thanks in advice, also for this really great utility!

Nicolas Saavedra

PS0: didn't mentioned that I use the new 1.3.1 on WinXP and it works flawlessly

PS1:sorry if I can't answer ASAP, it's my timezone, and now it's really late and I have to get some sleep...zzzzzz

Edited by HachiRoku

Are you using hfcleaupup? Are you using any icon tweaking programs? Maybe you're using Bugs Bunny's method of icon swapping with ICL files? Can you post your hfslip.cmd file from sourcess\i386\svcpack? Can you post your hfslipwu.inf file from sourcess\i386? Sorry about all the Q's. :)

I just finished running HFSLIP again...

I used the same things, only I forgot to mention that I had a problem with the "Show Desktop" icon (missing from QuickLaunch), so I also use the "ShowDesktop.cmd" file on HFSVCPACK folder + cmdow.exe and modifyPE.exe on HFTOOLS folder.

I upload the requested files, but I was going to post the HFSLIP.TXT file from SOURCESS folder (that it doesn't reflects the NTLoader files [NTDETECT.COM + ntldr] in the FIX folder) and it says that I'm not allowed to upload that type of file...

Thanks

Nico

HFSLIP.CMD.TXT

HFSLIPWU.INF.TXT

Edited by HachiRoku

Hi again

I tested my freshly made Win2K with all things slipstreamed, and it now works...

The only thing that fails is the DX9c slipstream (Mpeg2Data.ax file), so I didn't added this time.

I think that it's more my fault than HFSLIP's... I have all the icons now, with fast start and averything working...

Now I'm gonna nLite my source, to see what is what, and if I have errors, there will be nLite caused, not hFSLIP...

The only things that went wrong with HFSLIP were the WinXP NTLoader files and DX9c slipstream, the rest worked flawlessly...

Thanks!

Hi HachiRoku

What is failing with mpeg2data.ax?

Is it not copying over? Does Windows setup complain? Does dxdiag.exe complain when you run it?

Also, I'm not sure I understand what your problem is with the XP loader files. They are not copied over into the new source?

I'll need HFSLIP.LOG, and if possible also TXTSETUP.SIF from SOURCESS\I386. It is best that you put them together in a ZIP package.

Hi

Well, I tested again, doing everything step by step (I did it just as I did with the previous release and so on), and I did't had any issues this time with the DX9 file [only DX9 core files BDANT.cab and DXNT.cab] (it always caused an error message during final steps of the install [that it could not copy/find/register the Mpeg2Data.ax file]; I even read about it on this forum). So, for that side, it seems like it was my fault or a faulty source (I just used cabs from the new DX9 redist from Feb. '07)...

The NTLoader files aren't reflected to be in the FIX folder on the HFSLIP.txt that appears after running HFSLIP; but I'm not really sure if they were implanted or not (the first time I saw that, I went to check for diferences, but I couldn't because the computer was on it's way to work, so I really never checked that certainly [dumb of my part of being complaining for something that I'm not 100% sure of... sorry]). As soon as I get acces to that PC, I'm gonna check that.

Well, that seems to be all.

Thanks for your time, I'll actualize the topic as soon as I get the checking done (although the files still didn't show up in the HFSLIP.txt file, which they did on previous 1.2.2 release... [wich seems to be the ONLY thing, sorry])

Thanks!

Nico

Edited by HachiRoku