Disactivating services for msconfig.exe it is recommendable?

WinXP

Yes of this skill I know, but I would like to know if agent to disactivate for msconfig.exe which problems will be able to have Windows XP

I have no idea what you are saying, can you reword it better, please?

I believe your asking if there are any issues disabling services using msconfig?

In that case, none that I know of. Though I still recommend you just use services.msc as that is what it's made for and of course has way more options with working with services.

@war59312 - There is one big one - using msconfig you can disable the Remote Procedure Call service - doing that would essentially kill your system!

So... short answer - don't ever disable services using msconfig. I don't recommend disabling services in general, since there's no real benefit and a whole lot of downsides.

This is from Blkviper's guide to Windows services.

Why can't I use msconfig to change my services?

The reason is because with msconfig, you can disable a service that is vital to boot your system - Remote Procedure Call. With the management console (services.msc) you cannot.

Not “allowing” people to use msconfig reduces the flames and technical support questions in my inbox from people that fail to read the descriptions I offer with each service and the warnings I attach to them.