Network Browsing Dillema

3aces

i have 3 machines in my house 2 laptops and one media centre machine

Laptop 1 = A

Laptop 2 = B

Media Centre = C

basically C is always on and contains my whole music collection, and both A + B can use all the shared folders from it, but when im browsing the network i can see and machine, but when laptop A is switched on i can see the all the machines in the network, but as soon as i switch A of, then im disconnected from the network and i cant see anything.....but i can get access to the system in question but doing "\\X\D$"

any ideas on why one computer has to be in order for me to brose the network??

That means the laptop is probably the master browser, and you should make the media center machine a master browser instead.

On both laptops, set the following registry values:

Key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters

Value: MaintainServerList

Data: No

Value: IsDomainBrowser

Value: IsMasterBrowser

On the Media Center machine, set those registry values to Yes, and restart the computer browser and netlogon services on all 3 machines for the settings to take effect (this can take a bit of time, but should work shortly after service restart).

right i've tried both solutions and with the 1st one, my computer refused to start the services up again and then when i switched my laptop on, the services started back up again, and the second method ddint work either!!

now what to do?????? :S