Vista updates and Feature-Packs

prathapml

can someone please provide direct links to the following updates? I need x64 bit versions (using Vista x64):

http://support.microsoft.com/?LCID=1033&kbid=929328

Windows Vista Secure Online Key Backup

http://support.microsoft.com/?LCID=1033&kbid=930063

BitLocker Drive Preparation Tool

I've got a problem with win update, so I need direct links to download both files

Edited by WRFan

• 2 weeks later...

Install this update to enable access to external storage cards on new Windows Mobile devices using Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista.

For more information about this update, read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 931621.

Version: KB931621

Knowledge Base (KB ) Articles: KB931621

Date Published: 3/26/2007

Language: English

Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows Vista:

x86 | x64

Edited by neo

Updated, March 28th :D

Most annoying bugs fixed with non public hot fixes:

KB931770 - The copy process may stop responding when you try to copy files from a server on a network to a Windows Vista-based computer

KB928135 - A Windows Vista-based computer stops responding when you resume the computer from hibernation

KB929191 - IBM and Lenovo computers may take longer to start Windows Vista than computers from other manufacturers

KB928253 - SATA optical drives are not available after you start a Windows Vista-based computer

KB929734 - You may experience problems after you resume a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep or from hibernation

KB929577 - A Bluetooth device may no longer work correctly when you wake a Windows Vista-based computer from sleep

KB930193 - Error message when you run the Sysprep command on a Windows Vista-based computer: "A fatal error occurred"

KB930819 - Windows Image Acquisition imaging software may stop responding in Windows Vista

KB930883 - Programs that play audio stop working and duplicate entries appear in the Default Format audio format list in Windows Vista

KB932404 - A folder does not open when you click the folder in the All Programs list in Windows Vista

KB932406 - The Windows desktop may stop updating correctly after a Windows Vista-based computer has been running for a long time

KB932757 - When you play a Windows Media High Definition Video DVD in Windows Media Center in Windows Vista, the video may not be synchronized with the audio

KB929011 - Windows Media Center does not correctly configure a combo TV tuner that supports both ATSC and NTSC signals on a Windows Vista-based

computer

KB929913 - An error is logged in the Setuperr.log file when you run the "sysprep –reseal" command on a Windows Vista-based computer

KB931969 - The Microsoft Software License Terms appear in the incorrect language when you try to view them in a program in Windows Vista

KB932094 - Error message when you try to play a movie file that has an .mov extension by using QuickTime 7 in Windows Vista: "STOP 0x1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT"

KB932539 - The screen may go blank when you try to upgrade the video driver on a Windows Vista-based computer

KB932753 - When you resize the Windows Media Center window in Windows Vista, video playback may stop

KB933245 - A handle leak in Lsm.exe may occur every time that Windows Media Player 11 plays an audio file in Windows Vista

KB933578 - An Ultra DMA Mode 5 device may perform only at the speed of an Ultra DMA Mode 2 device after you swap devices in Windows Vista

Edited by war59312

Guest PoshRacer
Finally I have installed DreamScene via MS-Update....!

I want to back up it now... How ???

Is it possible ?

So is it possible to back it up?

Finally I have installed DreamScene via MS-Update....!

I want to back up it now... How ???

Is it possible ?

I have not found yet

You dont need to find out, when a direct link to the cab-file is posted a few posts above :P

What remains to be seen, is how to install it.

How to install .cab file?

April 4, 2007 Update

What's New:

Major Security Updates:

NONE

Public Updates:

KB932988 - Install this update to resolve an issue where when adding metadata to RAW images from Canon EOS-1D or EOS-1Ds cameras, the file is truncated and the image is permanently lost.

KB933824 - Install this update to resolve an issue where an Apple iPod may be corrupted by using the Safely Remove Hardware feature on a system running Windows Vista.

KB931671 - Install this update to resolve an issue where an error message is received when placing a Windows Vista system into a sleep state while a PPP connection is active.

KB932649 - Install this update to resolve an issue where poor video quality may be experienced when configuring video to interlaced mode on a system running Windows Vista.

Very Minor April 5, 2007 Update

What's New:

Major Security Updates:

NONE

Public Updates:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.17.2437.5)

Edited by war59312

You dont need to find out, when a direct link to the cab-file is posted a few posts above :P

What remains to be seen, is how to install it.

You can't reallyinstall updates in cab format.

You can, however, slipstream them to you install.wim.

Follow the instructions here: integrate hotfixes and extras.

Or search MSFN. I'm sure there's plenty of posts on integrating them.

You can back up the cab file. It's in %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download under some gibberish named folder.

Update:

I think you can install a cab file with pkgmgr.exe. The Package Manager command-line options give the following for the /s switch which can be used online or offline (I'm assuming online means while you are using Vista and offline means a mounted image or while in XP).

start /w pkgmgr /ip /m:path_to_cab\dreamscene.cab /s:c:\sandbox

where C:\sandbox is a temporary folder used during install to extract the cab files.

I can't try it since I installed it already using the MSU. Can anyone who hasn't installed it test it and let us know if it works?

You need pkgmgr.exe from WAIK.

@spacesurfer

Perfect! :thumbup

Tried the above with a cab of hold-em poker, it works!

Finally..... there is a proper way to get the ultimate extras installed without downloading it afresh each time u re-format!

For silently installing msu, WUSA would do it.

And now, a 137 KB pkgmgr.exe from WAIK does the trick for CABs!

And yes, you can get the CAB from %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download - take the file before you format & then use it later!

Edited by prathapml

@spacesurfer

Perfect! :thumbup

Tried the above with a cab of hold-em poker, it works!

Great! I'm glad it worked.

I was wondering. I'm guessing you installed it online, correct? Did you modify the syntax from what I wrote? If you did, let us know the correct syntax.

Also, I can't get it to work offline on a mounted install.wim. If anyone had gotten it to work, let us know the process. Integrating is better than installing afterwards.