Windows Update

strotee76

Details: Using 0.9, chose Ultimate, checked everything to remove but Photo Viewer, no integrated drivers, using VMWare.

Issue: I am unable to install a few updates with Windows Update and some of these updates share common errors.

I supplied several screen shots for easier understanding. I installed the full version (non-vLite'ed) of Vista and received no errors while installing updates.

EDIT: I should add that I tried the suggested resolution by Microsoft to no avail: 1) Stop Windows Update service 2) Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder 3) restart the service 4) check Windows Update again

post-110101-1170530930_thumb.gif

post-110101-1170530935_thumb.gif

post-110101-1170530939_thumb.gif

post-110101-1170530944_thumb.jpg

post-110101-1170530948_thumb.jpg

Last_Session.ini

Edited by strotee76

Yeah I tried the same and then concluded with trials that it's the

"Component Cache" component. It says so in it's description if you were lucky to get it after the silent update.

I'll look into it, could be it only needs few files from it, otherwise that component is a goner.

Windows update does not even install the Windows Mail Junkmail update. Maybe files beeing updated are placed in the Component cache or files that the updatefiles itself are stored there? Anyway I think I will leave Component Cache enabled for now.