Emergency - Bad ethernet nic asus a8n5x/ realtec rtl8139?

George27

I reistalled my os earlier today and connectivity wise everthing worked fine. I Decided to reistall xp a second time with a more current nlited disk. Nothing but a local network connection and in the network set up I cannot get the dsl name and password to connect to set up a connection. I used a different nic to connect. No matter what xp install disk I use even the a non nlited disk I can not connect with the a8n5x/realtec rtl8139 nic. Whats happening here. How can I fix this? TIA

added

I see that in the device manager I'm getting qustion marks in the "other devices": other pci bridge device, pci memory controller, sm bus cintroller. I installed all drivers that came with the board.

Edited by George27

"?" Marks? Then you did something wrong if you already installed all the chipset drivers.

The NIC should be seen by XP, it has the 8139 drivers in them by default so if you can´t connect to any thing outside the computer then try a new NIC.

added

I see that in the device manager I'm getting qustion marks in the "other devices": other pci bridge device, pci memory controller, sm bus cintroller. I installed all drivers that came with the board.

Your chipset drivers probably aren't installed. Please download and install the latest nForce drivers.