Wi-Fi Connect Before Logon

ethanmcf

Hello, is there any way i can get my Wireless Devices to Connect to the Wireless Network before Logon,

Because i am running a Domain which is totally wireless.

I Have a Phillips SNU5600 USB Wi-Fi Device in the Client machine 1

And i have a Realtek USB Wireless Adaprter built into my Laptop. which again is a Clienty

The Server has a SiteCOme WL-171 I belive, but thats not a problem its just the 2 client machines,

Is there a service i need to start to get it to connect before logon

Windows Zero Config is running of course, but when i log off the machines i can see the wireless network disconecting.

Please Help

This will solve many problems,

save me my hair, because i will be ripping it out, and also alot of money :)

Thank you

Ethan :D

Hello

I had had the same problem on my Acer 1654 WLMi.

In fact, you can activate this parameter under windows (i don't remember the modifications, if it be done under registry or other), but for the intel wireless chipset, the parameter which allow the Wifi connection before logon, is located when you install the driver. For intel, you have an option during the setup. Maybe for your usb adapter it is the same, but i don't think so because wifi usb driver are generally different.

Try to look at the services at launch otherwise.

++

I have looked in the Registry, and cant find anything to do with the Wireless, ok there is a wireless network string there, but its just the name of the wireless, there is no like Connect at boot up option.

After following the link, i cant seem to do it, because the files etc that are shown in the registry of the example, i do not have :(

Please Help, is there like a command i can make the computer run before i need to logon .... this is only so i can connect to the domain, or is there a way i can make the computer connect to the domain, after logon, automatically ..... without a choice in the matter, so it will connect .... its

Thanks Ethan

As previously said on here... If you got an MCSA, you should know that making a pc member of a domain will let you log onto that domain when you press Ctrl+Alt+Del. If you don't want to be presented with the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen, just go in the GPO on the server of your LAN and disable it. Otherwise, how do you suppose your pc will know whether you wanna log onto the domain or the pc itself?

Edited by nitroshift

i have no issues with the CTRL + Alt + Del,

i cannot make the Wireless connect to domain/network, before logon

Becasue if i need to log on to the computer to connect to the domain, how can it be done, if the network has not been connected.

Its hard to explain....

I need my wireless network connection on the client machines to conect, before they logon, so they can access the Domain,

because currently, the only account that can be used are the local ones ....

If i set the option to logon to the Domain, it says that the Domain is unavaliable ...

Hope this is more clear :)

Hope this is more clear :)

It is. Now, have you heard of DHCP and IP Address Reservations? The moment your pc is turned on, it will broadcast its presence and search for an IP address which will be available to it from the server based on the MAC address of your wi-fi card. Or you could set all IP's to static and manually assign to each device its own IP address in the same class and subnet mask.