No Megaupload file

Peter Denton

Greetings, all!

I'm trying to download some software but I receive a message saying that I have no Megaupload Megamanager.exe file. Any idea what I can do about this?

On a more general level, XP is taking up to four minutes to load, and I have no idea why (reason for downloading the software was to establish what I can delete from my startup).

Thanks and regards

Usually, taking that long to load is caused by a driver or startup service/application, and disk fragmentation can also make things take longer as well. You could just use msconfig (start > run > msconfig) and disable all non-Microsoft services and startup items and reboot to see if that speeds things up a bit, as well as defrag the disk Windows is installed on. If using msconfig and disabling those items speeds things up, just re-enable things until you find the culprit. If you want a prettier interface, you can use autoruns from Sysinternals.

After a quick google search of Megamanager I came across this app... Maybe this app was once installed on your computer and is now corrupt. Check Add/Remove Programs Start > Run > appwiz.cpl and see if theres an entry there to uninstall it and then reinstall it. As for the slow boots I would follow cluberti's advice. Be sure all your devices are fully recognized by Windows and all your drivers are up to date.

On a more general level, XP is taking up to four minutes to load, and I have no idea why (reason for downloading the software was to establish what I can delete from my startup).

Click Start > Run > type in “msconfig” (without quotations). Under General > Selective Start-Up, uncheck "Load StartUp Items". Reboot. Notice a difference?

Also, you might want to evaluate your software choices. If you use Norton/Symantec, that is one cause of slow boot-up speed. You may need to defragment your harddrive and as a seperate task, perform a boot-time defrag with either PD8 or DK2007.

You do not need extra software to tell you what you can disable from start-up. Windows already contains what you need. There is never anything listed there that if disabled will prevent your system from operating normally.