Errors in System Properties

strotee76

Sorry to be posting anything but misspellings and errors lol but I found 2 errors after removing everything using .7 with Ultimate version. (fresh install)

While within System Properties (right-click on Computer, Properties):

1 -- click on Remote settings (upper, left side)

2 -- click on Security Center (lower, left side)

post-110101-1168027566_thumb.jpg

post-110101-1168027572_thumb.jpg

Last_Session.ini

First one is removal of Remote Desktop and Assistance.

Second one Security Center.

Now I will look if these links are removable with these components but this basically isn't a bug.

Thx

That is only the English (default) language pack resource.

Was that in response to my post? Obviously, my point was to highlight the file as a starting point to investigate removal of the strings referenced. Not to give an exhaustive list of all files for all languages. Anyway, sorry I didn't achieve my aim of being helpfull. :blink:

Jamie

Well, first off...I'm looking forward to testing DOT8, However...I've had the same problem as described on this thread and I do need the remote settings. This is WITHOUT removing anything. All I have done was disable welcome center on Ultimate so...I suppose...this needs to be investigated further. Will try 8 toward the weekend and advise. With Vista being so new, I dare not remove anything but the most annoying feature of a fresh install....Welcome Center.

razormoon, it won't remove remote settings unless you SELECTED "Remote Desktop and Assistance" for removal.

Why am I screaming...it's just to note that select means to remove, sometimes people think that unselected means to remove, as it should in the perfect world ;)

If you still say that it did remove on it's own then please try 0.8 and let me know.

I was just about to edit my message...! ha awesome reply. Anyhow, my edit was to reiterate (and add) that all I checked (to remove!) was not only Welcome Center, but also Screensavers. -[] Multimedia | --- [checkmark] Screensavers

[] System | --- [checkmark] Welcome Center

CHECKED. Two items.

Have not tried .8 yet.

In that case try 0.8 in virtual (if you don't want to bother with real, it's all the same for the purpose of the test), and if it removes it again then please attach your preset and I'll fix.