Batch files in Unattened

im under 18, so Accourding to Norton, it will not affect me so much as im still in like a "testing"stage, and when i turn 18, i wll have to pay for a Distrubution licence, which is only about £0.20 Per Install, and charge the Customer for that aswell :)

No, its my fault, i was in a rush when tying out the Topic, i do applogise, but its basically this..

Customer Buys a Licence off me, which i buy From MS but Customer Buys it for a little bit more (for me to make a Profit) again this is all legal, becuase OEM software can be solt on for as much as the owner wishes aslong as it comes with the Licence and Media.

Then i install all SOftware, that either i have written, or modified, and the Customer must again either own or Buy a Licence for.

Then when its all set up, and ready to go, i will Use Sysprep to seal the Software ready for the End User.

Then image the Hard Drive, and add it to Norton Ghost, to which it will make it bootable, ame then copy over the the Hard Drive

the Customer HAS GOT TO accept the EULA for Microsoft, Norton, and Myself.

Then can coninue,

the customer get the XP Disc, and COA Sticker, along with any other Purchased Software and COAs,

And also the Norton Disc, which i bundle in:)

Hope this is now clear, as i have spent time writing it lol :D

Thanks Ethan

By the way, may i ask how you are so concered :)

Thanls

By the way, may i ask how you are so concered

Well, during the Christmas holidays I went for dinner at a friend's house and he asked me to talk to his son who had the idea to leave school and start a business along the lines of what you are doing.

I talked the kid out of the idea, explaining him the problems he may face, founding my statements on three main points, beside others:

1) Lack of proper MS Certifications

2) Lack of experience with the Laws and bureaucratic requirements to start a shop

3) Lack of wide enough client base (volume of affairs) to be able to get a distributing agreement with MS at concurrent prices

While the first two reasons stand, the third one, from your experience, appears like being not as rock solid as I thought.

As I saw it, most people (those the just want a PC) simply buy the best deal (lower price) they can find on the market, and this always includes a Windows XP (generally Home Edition) OEM license, and the few ones that need/want something "custom" or "fine tuned" usually do that part by themselves as they already have the needed knowledge.

jaclaz

sorry i didnt understand you reply, (im always in a rush see lol )

but are you saying im lacking MS Certifications?

Lacking knowledge of the law,

and also do not have that many clients?

Thanks

Ethan

NO, how could I say that ? :w00t:

If you get the time to read my previous post, you will see that I said to my friend's son that he lacked the first two requisites, and that in my view the third one was very difficult to achieve.

And that happened just a few days ago, before you signed in here at MSFN!

jaclaz

Sorry i do apploogise :D

I was just a bit confussed, becuase i got Various MS Certification, MS Registered Silver Parter, lol

and got alot of experience lol,

ok im only 17, but im my local system builder, lol :P

and im currently studying Business and Economics in the ICT Market lol :D

Thanks

Ethan

I was just a bit confussed, becuase i got Various MS Certification, MS Registered Silver Parter, lol

and got alot of experience lol,

ok im only 17, but im my local system builder, lol

and im currently studying Business and Economics in the ICT Market lol

hmmm,

if I may, you might need to integrate your studies with some latin classics, in my opinion you could get some interesting points of thoughts from them, here is a good start:

excusatio non petita,...

Cicero pro domo sua

Festina lente

Posteriores enim cogitationes...

Sapere aude

Doctum doces

jaclaz

what am i learning latin classics for?

Life.

You will find out soon that same things happened as well 2000 years ago, have already been "coded", and, by knowing the past, you can try not to repeat the same errors..

Some internet results:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.g.

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=989106

http://www.answers.com/topic/festina-lente

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapere_aude

For the missing ones, you might want some help from a friend or professor that knows Latin...

jaclaz

Hi, i know this is posted all over the MSFN Forum and the UACD Guide,

but it just will not work, at all

I Just wunt a simple explination of how to install all my programs via the GUIRUNONCE or BATCH command,

i have put my installer files into the corrent folder,

and ive edited my winnt.sif file, and ive checked the batch files work, but after setup finished it says it cant find the .exe or .msi file to install

and its really making me pull my hair out, ive wasted soo many cds and dvds, (because VMWare is too slow :unsure: ) lol

Plase Help,

Thank you

Ethan.

Complete id*** with Silent Installes :blushing::thumbup

I would not use GUIRunOnce to install your other applications.

Use CMDLines.txt and RunOnceEx.cmd instead. It is much cleaner and easier to edit.

Create a text file in your $OEM$ folder named cmdlines.txt and add

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S Tweaks.reg"
"reader8.exe"
"Avast.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SP-"
"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection CoDecs\codec.inf, DefaultInstall,3"
"RunOnceEx.cmd"

RunOnceEx.cmd

@echo off
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GdiDetectionTool" /v "GDITool" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%30 /VE /D "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%30 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\dotnet2.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%40 /VE /D "Microsoft Internet Explorer 7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%40 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\IE7.exe /q" /f

REG ADD %KEY%50 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 11" /f
REG ADD %KEY%50 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\wmp11.exe /q" /f
REG ADD %KEY%50 /V 3 /D "%systemdrive%\install\KB920342.exe /q /n /z" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\999 /VE /D "SysPrep and Reboot" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\999 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Reboot.cmd" /f

EXIT

These are just examples, but should give you an idea of how to create it. You can install programs in either cmdlines.txt or RunOnceEx.cmd

Edited by Gee