Custom OEM Installation

ethanmcf

Hi,

Im new here at MSFN, and this may be a re post, if so im sorry,

I bought a new laptop a while ago, and the Sysprep had obviously been set up.

But they had their own Custom Little Windows Introduction, where you would give your User name, Product key Etc

I was wondering how they done this,

The secotion of the installation i mean the the very last part before you logon. Where it asks if you want to Register with Microsoft

Any help with this would be great

Thank you

Ethan. :thumbup

Hi, and thanks.

no its not that,

ill give you an example

Say you go and buy a new computer.

and its all installed for you, and at the end where xp asks for a user name of all the user, if you would like to regiter with Microsoft etc etc

When it plays that music in the background

I want to know how to add custom pages to it, because i bought a new Acer Laptop, and all thouse screens were different.

Thansk for the Quick Reply, hope u understand my problem better :D

I'm afraid that I do not know what do you mean exactly, because every thing in unattended setup can be handled, can you get any snap shot of what do you mean exactly, I mean install your copy on VMWare or any other toll, and print screen what you are talking bout?

Thanks

but i dont wish to use SYSPREP i wunt to add them screen to a unattened install of XP From CD/DVD, so i can use it for distribution.

so then the user enters there own Serial, and Name etc etc

I'm afraid that I do not know what do you mean exactly, because every thing in unattended setup can be handled, can you get any snap shot of what do you mean exactly, I mean install your copy on VMWare or any other toll, and print screen what you are talking bout?

Thanks

I think Ethan wants to make a CD with the OOBE interface instead of the Setup interface and distribute it as recovery media. I'm not sure if this can be done but System Builders are not allowed to distribute external recovery media.

Hi, yes thank you, you got it lol

Someone understand, can i use it for my own Personal use then, say for my own software, when i wish to load it onto my own system :)

Thank you :D

Ethan

You can make a fully unattended CD that runs sysprep when finished. You can use it when rebuilding a customer's PC but you can't give them the CD.

But they had their own Custom Little Windows Introduction, where you would give your User name, Product key Etc

I was wondering how they done this,

It's a syspred' system with minisetup enabled and customized and if I remember this interface can be edited in .html/.hta file of oobe directory,

I'm not sure for customization of minisetup