VGA Cooler Required

3aces

i just relised something, is there a way to control the fan speed on this card that would save me buying a new cooler system, i read around and used ATi tray tools, and it says i dont have support for that option, so is there anyway i can have support like using a modded bios or something

It can probably be done, unfortunately I've had very limited experience with ATI cards. Take a look at MKVTech for more on the subject.

Replacing the stock fan with a larger one is usually a better option since small fans are quite loud even at slower speeds and may start producing annoying noises after a while (because they are often low quality).

Okay guys, listen...

That cooler doesn’t need an extra fan, also the 12cm next to it will suck enough hot air away from tour VGA card. And there is the big *ss CPU cooler, also blowing on the heat sink.

Just think about it ;)...

to be fair i was thinking the same lool.....so its decided isit, ill go for the Zalman HP80, now i read also about 10 mins ago its not caompatible with my series of cards it was on quiet pc site

@puntoMX: He wants silent, but was talking about a fan.

I recommended a solution that works very well in most cases and is very silent and a lot cheaper than the large (=overkill and maybe incompatible?) heatsink.

well, on more sites is says it is, even the site you gave me...

EDIT: Must be a MOD, "X1600 Series, PCI-E, NO, Mounting holes in different positions" on the Thermalright site...

Edited by puntoMX