Slipstream / Integrate Windows XP x64 Hotfixes

XibaD

Hi to you all!

I have Windows XP x64 Edition English CD and the MUI interface CD too. I installed successfully the Spanish MUI in unnattended mode, but now I have a question: if I want to slipstream / integrate any hotfixes / service packs with nlite, wich language do I choose for them? Is any way to slipstream / integrate DirectX or some updated cabs with nlite (as HFSLIP does with x86 version).

Thanks to you all :)

Slipping MUI Fixes too.

.... And how to slip MUI patches to the original MUI packs either all the languages or just the one (i.e. like the

spanish one from above)? Do I treat the MUI patch just like a hotfix patch?

.... If I have the MUI pack (5 CD set), can I slip all the MUI patches with the various MUI language files and

reburn an updated one? Nlite wil have to be smart enough to distinquish that the MUI patches are used only when

updating from WIN XP SP1 to SP2?

:whistle:

Edited by mikesw

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

As i use mui and RVM update pack i can insure you that the only updates needed are english updates, system is running in english with a language layer that can be changed at any log in.

I use 32 bits XP but it's pretty much the same

Ryan and Bashrat are doing a Titan work and need support, thank you so much !

XibaD, can you explain me how could i unattend my mui with nlite and above all what switch do you use ?

Edited by oldcat