Computer Crash While Formatting

JDE3EM

hey all im just msgin asking my brothers computer seem to crash while upgrading to windows SP2 and when i put his hardrive in my computer and tried to upgrade my computer start to crash to and now my brothers really P!@##$d off that all his files are gonna be gone can anyone please help me ?

wow, what do you mean ??? ...upgrading to SP2, seems to crash, starts to crash, crash while formatting, ... ??? :blink:

Are the 2 computers of the same model ? If not, you are not going to get his HD to run your computer. You had better left it in the 1st one and attempt to repair. At least give more info than the fact "it seems to crash".

hey all im just msgin asking my brothers computer seem to crash while upgrading to windows SP2 and when i put his hardrive in my computer and tried to upgrade my computer start to crash to and now my brothers really P!@##$d off that all his files are gonna be gone can anyone please help me ?

I agree with LLXX, however your major mistake was moving his HD to your system. Can it be done...more NOOOO! than yes. Go here: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html#3

If you have not totally screwed it up his HD, and I can just picture the fun when it booted, you might want to try and put it back in HIS system, and cross your fingers and toes. Then you still have some major work to do, and hopefully you still have the original OS CD.

I could tell you to put his HD in as a second drive, and maybe save some files, but I don't think from your post, that it would help. If you were my customer at 90 bucks an hour I might tackle the problem if you could afford it. (I've only done it on critical systems where data had to be saved, if a customer did as you did, and they have :whistle: )

If your system HD is still intact, and you still have an issue with SP2 go here and read first. http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=fh%3b%5...xpsp2getinstall

Edited by Galt