Download:

NEW ONE

Tutorial:

Download

post-110389-1167063267_thumb.jpg

Tutorial

Because some members have problems with download from MediaFire

i hosted the files on Megaupload.com.

If somebody knows a better site to upload files, please let me know.

Happy holidays to all

cro-man

Edited by cro-man

I thought RapidShare was the worst possible host, but I was so wrong! I downloaded the darn tutorial twice, with FlashGet (otherwise I would have retried it a few hundred times with IE). It took me about half an hour each time (I know, my connection is bad these days, but still...). And after that, I get unpacking errors. FlashGet never got me corrupted files, even with hundreds of retries at one file.

On the other hand, what the heck did you put in that rtf file to make it 36MB?!

Here's what I found in the zip body (several occurences) instead of the actual data:

Server: MediaFire-HTTP/1.038700
Connection: close

<html><head><title>Loading...</title><script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function changecolor() {
document.vlinkColor='BLUE';
document.linkColor='BLUE';
document.fgColor='#000000';
return;
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
</head><body bgcolor=#FFFFFF text=#FFFFFF link=#FFFFFF vlink=#FFFFFF onload="setTimeout('changecolor()',5000);"><div name='loading id='loading'><B>The browser you are using does not support redirects...</b><BR><BR>

Please click <a href='http://www.mediafire.com/error.php?errno=10&did=myiifjb2bs'>here</a> to continue.
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://www.mediafire.com/error.php?errno=10&did=myiifjb2bs"></div></body></html>

Hi Drugwash

The file is about 4,6 mb .I dont know if that be possible in Win98SE,haven`t it installed.

About download, i yust downloaded the file and it works fine.

I believe you have a problem with your browser. Try Opera or Firefox.

="setTimeout('changecolor()',5000);"><div name='loading id='loading'><B>The browser you are using does not support redirects...</b><BR><BR>

cro-man

I have tried several times to download using Firefox 2.0.0.1 and MSIE 7, but still unable to download. Maybe my anti-spywares or tight (secure) configuration of my Win2003sp1 is blocking your site. I've also tried entering just the root http://www.mediafire.com/ for both IE7 and FF2.0.0.1 and all I see is a BLANK page. After using view page source, it contains:

<html>

<body>

</body>

</html>

I've given up. I don't want to install Opera, and good luck to all who can download from your site. :whistle:

cro-man, I'm sorry but you didn't pay enough attention to my post. I downloaded that file three times now, using FlashGet (a download manager), because direct download from within the browser would have never worked. The download page advertises "multiple simultaneous downloads" and I tried with 5 jets per file, then with only one jet per file, which would simulate an ordinary browser download except that it has the resume capability (which is also reported as available by the site).

That HTML code snippet posted by me should in no case appear in the body of a downloaded file. The only explanation would be that the resume feature is broken or the site has some timer that cuts out connections.

Anyway, somehow 7-zip managed to extract the damaged file from one of the zips and I could read the procedure. It seems extremely simple now that I figured it out, but there's a show stopper: ResHacker cannot open 16-bit NE. And guess what: sysdm.cpl in Win9x is 16-bit NE. :(

So that's about it. However - thank you for the well documented procedure, it may prove useful for editing some other 32-bit PE libraries, sometime.

One word of advice: drop that host, it sucks. ;) Happy holidays! :hello: