A downloaded nudie pix destroyed PhotoPlus8...

KingAuther

I downloaded a few nudie pix, to practise my photo-editing.. and when PP8 was loading my new pix file, it locked up, then crashed... Uninstalls and reinstalls didn't fix it... Reg cleaners, and Registry search & destroys didn't fix it... Seemed the only way to fix it was to format-C...

I contacted PhotoPlus Tech Support... They suggested three good idea things to try, which didn't help...

I finally repaired the damage done to PhotoPlus8... It was a sterrretch!.. Took about five-hours...

Uninstalled PhotoPlus6 & 8...

Run CM DiskCleaner's registry cleaner, search & destroy, using "select key search words", for everything serif and photoplus...

Run "McAfee Uninstaller's PowerClean.. deleting everything "photoplus" and "serif"...

Reboot...

Install PP8 CD... (But now the picture files wouldn't load in PP8's window... Seemed the PC was trying to load the pix-file from floppy, even without me commanding it to search A... Maybe that's the area in where the goonies did there dirty-work to damage PP8's functionality..? Probably was a little bit damage to both the Windows system & PP8)..

Reinstalled PP8 over the first install, in hopes it would repair the program...

Reboot...

It did.. Now PP8 works... but a little slow..? Maybe the OS just needs a scandisking & defragging... I hope I didn't damage the OS by stripping out so much of it...

For this install I had Uninstaller monitor the install, making snapshots of the registry, before and after the install.. just in case...

I sent a complaint post to the website that damaged my PC...

They replied, they did nothing wrong, and that I was "stealing free samples"... :huh: