Installing Applications based on conditions

Rahbas

Hello,

I just found this site yesterday and what a great help it's been. Thanks all who created and frequent the site to make it so great.

I am getting ready to deploy 180 Desktops and 50 Laptops at my place of work. We are going to be building images next week and I'd like to take full advantage of using unattended setup to make my life easier.

For example, the laptops use an ATI Mobility 9000 and the desktops use an Intel solution. In order to get the ATI Control panel installed I understand I have to do this in the Applications section. Although I do have this working it will install on the desktops also using this method. There are some Laptop specific applications also that I want to automate but keep them off the desktop.

I did do a search and manually browsed the boards, I bet the answer is here and I missed it. I be greatfull on any help on this.

Thanks

Try this..... finish being the end of your batch file

I've had problems getting the ATI control panel v3.7 to install, so if you have any luck with that please post :)

if exist %systemdrive%\windows\system32\atiddc.dll goto atiyes
if not exist %systemdrive%\windows\system32\atiddc.dll goto atino

:ATIYES
ECHO.
ECHO Installing ATI Control Panel...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\aticp36\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\aticp\setup.iss"
goto finish

:ATINO
goto finish

I'm not having any problems. This is the code I use. Maybe your ISS file is the culprit. Try creating a new iss file and see what happens.

ECHO.

ECHO Installing ATI Control Panel for Catalyst 3.7

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ATI_CP_3_7\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\ATI_CP_3_7\setup.iss"

I found out that flyakite was right and the ATI control panel will not install unless you have an ATI card and driver installed, However I had some apps that weren't so friendly about this. Below is the code that helped me get app to install but only if a certain file is found. Since the Laptops had the ATI Radeon 9000 and nothing else does that we have, I found a .dll flel that is specific to the Laptop and the ATI card. Thanks edg21 for pointing me in the right direction. For some reason the IF NOT EXIST was causing it not to work, once I took tha tout and added the GOTO statement afterwards it works great.

Thanks everyone for the help.

CLS
@echo off
if exist "%systemroot%\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys" goto IBMLAPTOPYES
goto IBMLAPTOPNO
:IBMLAPTOPYES
ECHO.
ECHO Installing ATI Control Panel for Catalyst 3.6
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\aticpanl\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\aticpanl\setup.iss"
ECHO.
ECHO Installing UltraNav Drivers...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\UNAV\setup.exe -s -sms

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Keyboard Customizer Utility...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\KEYCUSTM\setup.exe -s -sms

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Hotkey Features...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\HOTKEY\setup.exe -s -sms

ECHO.
ECHO Installing IBM Power Management...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\BMMPM\setup.exe -s -sms

ECHO.
ECHO Installing BlueTooth Drivers...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\BDCACT\setup.exe /q /n

:IBMLAPTOPNO
EXIT