issue in FDV fileset

whitehorses

whitehorses - I'm not sure where you are getting the reducers from, but you may want to use the ones listed on the hfslip.org site. There is a readme file in the hfcleanup.zip file, it will have all the info you need. If it means anything, I only use the "general" and "2000 addon" hfcleanups without the 4Z reducerss. All works fine.

you may want to use the ones listed on the hfslip.org site.

I know, and I'm using those. I just know that Oleg had made that mini02 fileset a long time ago, and I was just curious about it.

If it means anything, I only use the "general" and "2000 addon" hfcleanups without the 4Z reducerss. All works fine.

Means something because I'm doing the same... :wacko:

Edited by whitehorses

I'm still using my set (not much changed since I shared it, maybe added a couple of files and deleted a couple of files). I also have some small modifications to FDV's file set and some tweaks in INSTALL.CMD and ISTALL.INF (running through HSLIP.CMD in SVCPACK folder). But don't think they are critical.

By the way, when running HFSLIP do you select "Clean FDV's file" option? This one is may be the problem if you don't.

Hi Oleg_II :hello:

Yes I have tried both w/ and w/o selecting to clean up FDV's. I tried the latter only a few times so currently I always select to clean it up.

... It seems to me that all the problems come from around processing rin files in this case. For example after all the service removal files I put in HFCLEANUP the process leaves everything untouched, and if I install this HFCed SOURCESS on a VM, all the services are there. Strange because some things get removed, (sounds, and accesibility), and even stranger that some things got screwed up, for example the start menu, which should have been customized according FDV's shell.inf.

Maybe the whole issue is because my system. Can regional settings affect how the script runs for example? (I have really weird settings for that :whistle: )

Edited by whitehorses

WH - I'm not sure how many different HFSLIP folders you are using, but this particular HFSLIP.LOG doesn't detect the HFCLEANUP folder. Please double check your spelling and/or spaces in the foldername.