Video capture from PC to PC

MarkJohnson

Hello all, sorry if this has been answered before, but couldn't find what I needed with search. also sorry for repost. I placed it in MCE area figuring more ppl would have experience with this problem in there, but it seems to have lower traffic in there.

I just bought a new X1900XTX and it has video capture (aVIVO). so I thought I'd hook it up to my other computer and capture my game, using MS Movie Maker 2, to post gaming video on our guild website.

I used the S-Video plugs on both video cards (the multi-plug ones that came with the video cards). used S-Video IN on the X1900XTX to the s-video OUT on the 7800gtx.

I then fired up movie maker and selected to capture video using s-video and all I got was a flickering black screen?

I looked on my spare computer and couldn't find an s-video device listed anywhere or a way to turn it on (eVGA 7800GTX)

I just assumed the s-video port would come on at the same time as the DVI port and just mirror the images from the DVI port to the s-video port. (it's what happens on my main rig with dual DVI monitors until I tell it to use both seperately)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

-=Mark=-

Edited by MarkJohnson

The s-video out should be configured for a second monitor from nvidia control panel.

S-Video doesn't show up in nView at all? I even tried my other video cards and have the same problem on them all. is there a special driver I need like the WDM I need for the video-in to work?

I'm not sure why it would be impossible? unless there is something a TV does to activate a signal. seems there would be a simple hardware hack or a pass-through device to accomplish it. maybe the RCA jacks would work? they only need a single cord and wouldn't be able to trigger anything to turn it off/on.

thanks for the FRAPS program tip. looks like it might do the trick.

Edited by MarkJohnson