Network Connections

footballking3420

Let me put it this way: you can take -everything- out (including DHCP) if you have a static IP and it'll still work if you set it up manually. If you don't have a static IP you'll need to keep DHCP and, as a result WMI, and if you want to get rid of the aesthetic issue of an annoying, wrong, acquiring network address icon in the taskbar, you'll have to add SENS, COM+, MDAC and DTC to that list. (Edit: actually, I just tested it and the icon -still- appears.. Don't ask me why. But, as I found before, you can make it go away by going into the properties of the adapter and exiting them again.. annoying after a reboot or a loss or connection though)

Actually, can I hijack this topic by asking if there's any way (tweak) to disable that stupid icon so that I can remove these four services? Everything is working fine, but the icon gets on my nerves.

Edit: Oh, and Network Connections in the control panel is still there even if you remove everything, so you don't have to worry about messing with the registry. You can't remove the service with nLite, either. If it errors out on you saying it can't find any adapters, go into services.msc and manually start Network Connections; you only have to do that once - after you fill in the right settings it'll work fine.

Edited by Ver Greeneyes

How important is it to not remove network conections from nlite? Can I still connect to the internet without? I found where in the registry to put in all my internet settings such as Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, IP Address, and NameServe (Primary & Secondary DNS)

Are you trying to remove the icon from Control Panel or are you trying to completely remove Network Connections from Windows?

If you are just trying to remove the icon, there is a simple solution.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}

Delete that key and restart. It should be gone. If so, then make a regfile to delete it at 1stboot.