The Console War

Slimy

In Your Honest Opinion,  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which Console Do You Think Will Sell The Most?

• PlayStation 3
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Microsoft Xbox 360
  2. 2. Which Console Will/Have You Purchase?

• PlayStation 3
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Microsoft Xbox 360
    • Xbox 360 + Wii
    • Xbox 360 + PS3
    • Wii + PS3
    • All Three
    • None

"There is definitely a race, to get most people to buy your console so you can make profit on games (corporations are there to make profit for their shareholders). 2 of the 3 decided to go for much nicer/better graphics as one of their selling points. You're entitled to think it's misguided, but the industry analysts, exerts, opinions/feedback from game studios and all likely know better than most of us what the majority of gamers want. Just because you (being part of a minority here) don't see a point to better graphics doesn't mean there's no "war" between them..."

I especially liked the " know better than most of us what the majority of gamers want". Well, seems your experts don't know so much what gamers want... The PS3 doesn't quite goes like they expected... "Experts" tend to do what they have seen working and not imagine new concepts.

It's nice to see Nintendo stand up for gameplay instead of just pure power that serves always the same kind of games.

I'll be out before this turns into flame war again. :)

PS: FPS on console? I feel like you Tanthalas. Usually no way! But on the Wii, it reminds me of those ol' "lethal enforcer" feeling added to the PC FPS gameplay! Cool.