strange pixelation

piXelatedEmpire

This is funny, no way integration could do this unless it's something with the section of Windows when that is detected and they mess on their own.

nLite doesn't change the integrated files so go report to Nvidia if you believe that's the truth.

For me nVidia drivers works and worked always without overclocking my last 3-4 cards.

Nuhi, get off the defensive plz. I didnt even imply that it was due to nlite. This is due to the way the inf's that nvidia includes are written. That is why they have a setup.exe instead of just telling you to use Device Manager to install the drivers.

As a test, completely delete your nvidia drivers and uninstall the card from device manager in a running copy of windows. Then reboot. THEN use device manager to install the drivers, and reboot again. When it comes back up, you will see that the nvidia extensions to the right click menu on the desktop are not there, and the tray icons are not there either. Now use device manager to delete the card and drivers again and reinstall with setup.exe, and those items will be back.

oh sorry i thought you were gettin defensive on me..

Technically it would be from nlite integrating the drivers, but its not nlite's fault, it's nvidia's fault for not putting all of the proper stuff into their inf files.

If you want to have nvidia drivers install silent at runonceex, uninstall drivers on a running windows, download forceware latest version, and extract to a temp folder (C:\NVIDIA). Then open command prompt and navigate to C:\nivida, and do

setup -r

Go thru Setup and pick DONT reboot. Then close command prompt, open windows explorer, go to C:\Windows and move setup.iss C:\nvidia

Then move C:\nvidia to $OEM$\$1 and make a runonceex.cmd file to run

C:\nvidia\setup.exe -s -f2"%windir%\nvidiasetup.log"

Make sure the cmd file is proper for runonceex tho. See http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/31/ for more info on runonceex.

Speeddymon, sorry but I was referring to the piXelatedEmpire's post:

"I think it is an issue with nLite intergrating the drivers"

easy big fella :D .. I'm not blaming nLite for anything, just very strange that this pixelation only occurs when I integrate the latest officila nVidia drivers with nLite and not when I install them manually.

Thank you Speeddy, I suspected the issue was with the way nVidia constructed their inf files.

Ok, ok :)

Could be due to unreadiness of the chipset drivers...try integrating all possible chipset drivers for your model, especially agp filter. Or don't remove it in the first place...if you do, I'm just guessing.

easy big fella :D .. I'm not blaming nLite for anything, just very strange that this pixelation only occurs when I integrate the latest officila nVidia drivers with nLite and not when I install them manually.

Thank you Speeddy, I suspected the issue was with the way nVidia constructed their inf files.

I'm using nVidia's 81.85 and they integrate with no problem, no artifacts, proper clock settings etc.... Sometimes newer isn't better, have you tried an earlier version that still supports your card? As mine is an AGP card I also integrate the NVGART driver (AGP driver) prior to the nVidia 81.85 video driver in the add driver list.

Edited by gkar

I'm using nVidia's 81.85 and they integrate with no problem, no artifacts, proper clock settings etc.... Sometimes newer isn't better, have you tried an earlier version that still supports your card? As mine is an AGP card I also integrate the NVGART driver (AGP driver) prior to the nVidia 81.85 video driver in the add driver list.

This is also a possibility. Perhaps gkar could integrate 93.71 into a test version of his setup using his method and let us know if he see's the problem as well?

I doubt honestly if the _way_ the file is constructed is what is causing the pixellation, but I do think that a lack of some file or registry entry might possibly cause video corruption, and that this entry or file is only not installed on newer versions possibly. I don't recall myself seeing this in the last version that I didnt use setup.exe for, however that version was in the 70.xx series. Who knows?

This is also a possibility. Perhaps gkar could integrate 93.71 into a test version of his setup using his method and let us know if he see's the problem as well?

I doubt honestly if the _way_ the file is constructed is what is causing the pixellation, but I do think that a lack of some file or registry entry might possibly cause video corruption, and that this entry or file is only not installed on newer versions possibly. I don't recall myself seeing this in the last version that I didnt use setup.exe for, however that version was in the 70.xx series. Who knows?

I'll give it a try...I'm not a VMWare user, so I'll build an nlite cd with the drivers and try it out. 40 MB file will take me 1/2 a day to download on 28.8 dialup though. :whistle:

Edited by gkar