Maximus Decim Data Access Component Update 1.2 (New!)

MD Data Access Component Update 1.2

Only for Windows 98se

----------------------------------------------------------------

MDAC 2.8sp1 (include MSXML 3.0SP7)

Jet 4.0sp8 (837001)

Jet 4.0 Repl (321076)

MSXML 4.0 SP2 + 887606

2 files Jet 3.5sp3 (msjet35.dll, msrepl35.dll)

2 files MDAC 2.5sp3 (vfpodbc.dll, drvvft.chm - Visual FoxPro Driver)

XMLinst 3.0

3 files IE6sp1 + 832414(msxml.dll, msxmld.dll, msxmlr.dll - MSXML 2.5sp3)

MSXML 2.6sp2 + 887606

KB911562 - Update for MDAC ver.2.8sp1

KB870669 - Security update for MDAC

Unofficial updates:

KB916528 - Update for MDAC ver.2.8sp1

KB925051 - Update for Jet 4.0sp8

KB924191 - Update for MSXML 3.0sp7

KB927978 - Update for MSXML 4.0sp2

---------------------------------------------------------------

english - http://rapidshare.com/files/7423454/MDDACU12E.EXE.html

russian - http://rapidshare.com/files/7423740/MDDACU12R.EXE.html

For silent installation it is necessary to unpack archive (this cab-archve)

in any directory and to run the "setup.exe /Q"

What's new:

added unofficial updates:

*KB916528 - Update for MDAC ver.2.8sp1

*KB925051 - Update for Jet 4.0sp8

*KB924191 - Update for MSXML 3.0sp7

*KB927978 - Update for MSXML 4.0sp2

"maximus-decim,"

Excuse me, but; I have the latest Java, Mozilla FireFox v1.5.0.8 on my system, and the Java is enabled and I am getting an ERROR message that 'Java need be Enabled to continue,' or words to that effect anyway.

I am just a USER not very techy when it comes to the software. On Win98SE2ME&98MP10/w98SE2XP all installed on my system. Oh yea, am on a dialup do you have any alternate location to do a download?

Maybe I should be using IEv6.0SP1, but; that one is giving me problems of being very sssllllooooowwww and gives me the infamous Unable to load that page. Still looking for missing updates and secrurity patches, have not identified all that I need, have not done any of them because IE has not been a priority for me as I use FF for my primary browser.

Thank you for reading my post,

"maximus-decim,"

Excuse me, but; I have the latest Java, Mozilla FireFox v1.5.0.8 on my system, and the Java is enabled and I am getting an ERROR message that 'Java need be Enabled to continue,' or words to that effect anyway.

I am just a USER not very techy when it comes to the software. On Win98SE2ME&98MP10/w98SE2XP all installed on my system. Oh yea, am on a dialup do you have any alternate location to do a download?

Maybe I should be using IEv6.0SP1, but; that one is giving me problems of being very sssllllooooowwww and gives me the infamous Unable to load that page. Still looking for missing updates and secrurity patches, have not identified all that I need, have not done any of them because IE has not been a priority for me as I use FF for my primary browser.

I am using the same browser download seems to work fine, in firefox goto Tools then Options then click on the content tab. You will see enable java and enable javascript put a tick in each box and click ok. You might need to close firefox and rerun it for the changes to take place. Then try to download again, if it is successful untick the same two boxes until you need java/script again

HTH

Snip snip

I am using the same browser download seems to work fine, in firefox goto Tools then Options then click on the content tab. You will see enable java and enable javascript put a tick in each box and click ok. You might need to close firefox and rerun it for the changes to take place. Then try to download again, if it is successful untick the same two boxes until you need java/script again

HTH

"OscarDog,"

Thank you for this reply it is just for some reason my system is not connecting, installing, operating, whatever to my benefit. I have been using FF for many years along with Java, enabled, for some unknown reason it is not working for me now.

I finally have IE six doing my download for me at this time, Java started to work in IE and I started a download. Well it died and I had to close down IE and restart and the download is working at this time, rather sssllloooowwly but is working. FF has been giving me this problem for some time and it has been enabled all along. Maybe I need to uninstall FF and reinstall to get them to work together.

I keep Java enabled all of the time because I do considerable downloading, I like to 'try-out' different software and let friends and relatives know how they work. Maybe I will need to change back to IE for a short and give FF a rest.

My download is working at this time, my modem icon is flashing that there is activity even while creating this mess.

OscarDog, I do thank you for this reply it is very kind of you.

Thank you for reading my posts,

I have no idea if I need this patch.

What is MD Data Access Component Update 1.2 and who needs to update it?

"galahs,"

From what I can see this is not for just anyone, mostly for those that are programmers or creators of software to be used on MS Windows.

Which means I am not a user of this type of software, spent the entire morning attempting to download this patch and it's use is far to far over my head. There may be some use for somethingy in there, but; that download was not necessary for myself.

If I am not completely correct on this then correct me and tell us what it actually will do for NOVICE users.