ATI Radeon Xpress 200M: RTM Driver in RC2

wfunction

Does anyone know why I'm getting this message:

"The system cannot find the device specified."

I have the above mentioned device, and Vista RC2 - Seems like the Vista RTM Catalyst for RTM doesn't work on RC2...

BTW: I don't know if this is the cause, but I have used vLite on this installation - But I haven't removed any drivers. The driver is detected, but in the middle, it gives me that error.

Well, I don't know whether you're agreeing with me, or telling me to use the already-provided drivers which came with Vista RC2. In case it's the latter, and you don't already know, the ATI Catalyst only works with its own driver - not the one previously on the computer. Also, CounterStrike Condition Zero worked with XP with OpenGL, but not with Vista now - no D3D or OpenGL.

Edited by wfunction

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I found the solution :rolleyes: . None of you guys did? It's kinda dirty and I don't know why it worked, but it did:

Disclaimer (should always put it):

*I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING MENTIONED HERE, WHETHER IT BLOWS UP YOUR COMPUTER, FORMATS THE HARD DISK, OR ANYTHING ELSE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.*

Download both the RC1 and RTM drivers. (Got cable?)

Extract both of them.

Rename RC1\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF to RC1\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF.BACKUP

Copy the RTM\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF folder into the RC1\Packages\Drivers\Display (Which is why you backed the original up in the first place)

Now, Update Driver and point to the new RC1\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF. (Have Disk should work, I don't remember. If it doesn't, uninstall the display adapter and now Select From List and Select Lrom Location to that folder. It should work)

Now, RESTART (If it SAYS the driver won't work, just restart).

Install the ATI Catalyst Control Center by itself.

Now, you have the working (NO OPENGL OR D3D for CS) RTM driver with (probably) a few RC1 files, which were not found earlier.