Vista RC2 Startup (NOT BOOT) Animation (overlay)

wfunction

Does anyone know the location of the Vista RC2 boot animation (actually, overlay)? I'm not talking about the stupid progress bar or the faded aurora, but the windows "glowing". Is it a resource in winload.exe.mui or something? I've tried but had no success.

are you talking about the windows logo orb?

Does anyone know the location of the Vista RC2 boot animation (actually, overlay)? I'm not talking about the stupid progress bar or the faded aurora, but the windows "glowing". Is it a resource in winload.exe.mui or something? I've tried but had no success.

Yeah, thats it...thats the 'Orb'

That other little rotating bluish-green circle is dubbed the 'Cheerio' (was dubbed that by beta testers during the beta.

I don't know what the "orb" is :huh: , but I'm talking about the glowing ball which contains the windows logo.

That other little rotating bluish-green circle is dubbed the 'Cheerio' (was dubbed that by beta testers during the beta.

I don't know what the "orb" is :huh: , but I'm talking about the glowing ball which contains the windows logo.

That didn't answer my question. :)

Take a look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=87728

:)

That didn't answer my question. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well then excuse me for trying to help. I don't know what you mean by the very general, un-described, and very general term 'windows glowing' .

That STILL doesn't answer my question! It's NOT in the .MSStyles file (at least no recognizable format)
Edited by Spooky

Oh, I'm really sorry.. I capitalized STILL because I couldn't italicize it (I was in quick reply.)

I wasn't angry or anything. ;)

And yes, I am talking about the orb - which file is it in? (I don't want a PrintScreen!)

Thanks!

To italicize when in fast reply, type

[i] type your info here [/i]

Here's how it looks:

type your info here

Other code (haven't tried them all with this board):

[b]  [/b] = BOLD
[u] [/u] = UNDERLINE
[quote] [/quote]

To get the CODE box, substitute the word "CODE" for the text in the other entries

Edited by usasma

It's in authui.dll - resources's names are 17000-17004 - they're 5 images in PNG format, first four contain this "logo in the orb", the last picture is empty. If to add such resources in authui.dll.mui, they'll substitute the original "orb" while loading.

Edited by AlYum