1st post (hello all and help)

NunyerB

hi everyone:

i have a system that a p4 2.8ghz proc BUT it only has (256mb memory and a 2gig hard drive) now this system i connected to another pc on the network and both those pc`s connect to a dls modem/router set to DHCP.

anyhow to make a long story short.

my niece uses that computer and it is slowwww as heck

she runs apps like limewire and also is at myspace all the time...

im wondering if there is a pre configed config file that lets it be a multimedia networked pc (play movies, surf and those kind of things)

note: with her limewire she saves the files to a networked hard drive. so that never takes up her space

note that comp is running winxp sp2 fully updated

thanks

crap im not sure if i posted this in the right section...

moderator could you please move it to where you think it best belongs?

sorry

Edited by NunyerB

hi welcome to the forum, sorry your right youve posted in the wrong section, but i do believe what your asking is possible, but youll have to more then likly set it up manually by disabling a good few system services, but as for what im not sure, if i had my guess youd shut off everything that a gamer would do, since that falls under multimedia,,

take a look at here fore a gaming set up, the reason i say this is because its probably the closes thing to multimedia hope it helps m8 good luck

http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12

hi welcome to the forum, sorry your right youve posted in the wrong section, but i do believe what your asking is possible, but youll have to more then likly set it up manually by disabling a good few system services, but as for what im not sure, if i had my guess youd shut off everything that a gamer would do, since that falls under multimedia,,

take a look at here fore a gaming set up, the reason i say this is because its probably the closes thing to multimedia hope it helps m8 good luck

http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12

thanks will check into it right after i do this fresh install (full install) this is on the cpu that has 1 terabyte of space :)

/me mumbles **** 2GB on other machine :)

You don't need to disable many Services. Just make sure that when you playback movies on that slow machine that you don't have many, if any, things running in the background at the same time.

Media Player Classic + K-Lite Codec Pack + QuickTime Alternative + Real Alternative + Windows Media 11 Runtimes = Play every media format you can imagine.