Q/Help: How to create windows XP installations CD/DVD ?

feta

- How to create windows XP Pro bootable installation disk(CD or DVD), but the problem that I have a SATA hard disk so, usually, I press F6 while to load SATA HD driver. is there any way to include it in a bootable CD ?? :(

with other drivers ?

- Thanks

The easiest way to do it would be to take your original XPCD (if you even have one), copy it to your HD (C:\XPCD) and use nLite to integrate your SATA drivers (the txtsetup.oem file will be needed to specify appropriate OS).

If you have a brand-name PC (Dell, Acer, etc) they will have a copy of Windows setup files in "C:\1386". If you have this, then you can browse to this location from within nLite.

Edited by Jeremy

- How to create windows XP Pro bootable installation disk(CD or DVD), but the problem that I have a SATA hard disk so, usually, I press F6 while to load SATA HD driver. is there any way to include it in a bootable CD ?? :(

with other drivers ?

- Thanks

What is it you're wanting to do?

If you're just wanting a backup DVD for a single computer then you want a HD Imaging program like Ghost or Acronis True Image. Either will do the job very nicely. I have both programs and use them often. Ghost makes me a bootable restore disk,,,,,Acronis does not...I need a separate boot CD to restore an Acronis backup image.

For a single computer, just get it all tweaked up , tuned up and cleaned up and make a Backup Image file of the HD (like with Norton's Ghost) , saved to a DVD. That's all you need. I do that three of four times a week on my own computer. If a hard drive crashes (Heaven forbid!) all I have to do is install the new drive and boot up with my restore DVD, perform the restore operation and I'm back in business. That whole process would take me less than thirty minutes.

If you want a bootable DVD/CD to install Windows on multiple computers, you probably need to check the MS licensing rules. MS licensing, as I understand it, does not include using a disk with drivers, etc. already installed on it, to set up multiple computers.

Good Luck,

cool2.gif