(Solved) WMP11 Addon + Windows Theme Service Conflict

bigred

This topic came up as a result of a theme discussion in another thread, but the title did not mention WMP11, so I thought I'd start a new thread related to this problem...

After some thorough testing, I can now verify that after integrating the WMP11 (v.2) addon, Windows theme service is stopped and only the classic theme is loaded. I wasn't sure what was causing it at first, but have narrowed it down to this addon.

Not sure how this can be solved, but thought I'd mention it here in the hopes that this can be fixed. Thanks.

Edited by bigred

Thanks for the reply boooggy, I've used this addon: Here

I admit I'm fairly new to using Nlite, so just in case, here's what I've done:

1 - Taken a new Windows XP Home Image (SP2 Integrated)

2 - Used Nlite to integrate the addon (no other steps taken)

3 - Installed from the disc (no unattended stuff involved yet at all...no svcpack, no winnt.sif, nothing)

I've also realized that using this addon results in certain parts of setup being bypassed. For example, I don't get the "Welcome to Windows" set-up options (where you can choose to active and register if you want to). That's also the point where you get to choose a username, but that isn't showing up either. It just defaults to "Owner".

Now I realize that this is all about unattended installations of Windows, so I'm not too worried about that stuff...just thought you might want to know, in case it helps you figure out the problem...

Edited by bigred

ok thats mine.....

i fixed this thing so please go to my site and download the fix which should be integrated along with wmp 11 addon

note:

if u use unsigned themes, u should use the uxtheme patching from nlite.....

Edited by boooggy