Registration Date.... 2006-10-03
Expiry Date.......... 2007-10-03
Organisation Name.... Philip Colebrook
Organisation Address. Flat 13, Inner City House
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. London
Organisation Address. SE14 6QP
Organisation Address. -
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Admin Name........... Philip Colebrook
Admin Address........ Flat 13, Inner City House
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ London
Admin Address........ SE14 6QP
Admin Address........ -
Admin Address........ GREAT BRITAIN (UK)
Admin Email.......... **********@gmail.com
Admin Phone.......... 44.2086915308
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ CBS Registry
Tech Address......... Box 3396
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Stockholm
Tech Address......... SE 103 68
Tech Address......... -
Tech Address......... SWEDEN
Tech Email........... ********@melbourneitcbs.com
Tech Phone........... 46.855340200
Tech Fax............. 46.855340201
Name Server.......... ns1.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns5.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns2.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns3.msft.net
Name Server.......... ns4.msft.net

True, but what about this:

Yeah, we were skeptical too, but then we saw a post on Microsoft's own Channel 9 blog by Mark Brown, a Microsoft developer and platform marketing employee, who confirms that this odd website is his doing.

Also, you're required to login with your live ID to proceed.

Its legitimate. Although the strange way in which it appeared would have certainly caused one to have concerns - no advertisements of promotions from MS, no public acknowledgement on any official MS site. I think what has happened is this site was in preparation for the public release of Vista and was possibly disclosed a little too early.

There are a lot of problems with the site, its spread like wildfire across the internet because of the offer of a free copy of Vista, I tend to think there are problems because the servers are getting saturated with thousands of connections.

I watched my vids.

Edited by Spooky

Well I don't need the Vista cause i got my copy from MS so i just did the Office 2007. But i'll let you know when it arrives. I did happen to speak with another guy today and he said he got an email that told him his had been shipped.

I watched my vids.

Spooky, please let us know if you'll receive a free copy of Windows Vista and Office 2007..

Well I don't need the Vista cause i got my copy from MS so i just did the Office 2007. But i'll let you know when it arrives. I did happen to speak with another guy today and he said he got an email that told him his had been shipped.

I want to go to America, watch the videos, get Vista and return home :lol:

Whoops...slight correction, I said that wrong...how the third line should have read is: "I did happen to speak with another guy today and he said he got an email that told him he had completed his requirements and his copy would be shipping."

(sorry 'bout that)

Anyway, this site is horrible..its as slow as snail snot in january...the first part of the site, the very first page is fast enough but after that its slowwwwwww. Anyway, when you get done your selections will show as completed at at the bottom of the page it will show:

"Shipping Info

Congratulations! You’ve completed the number of Webcasts or vLabs required to receive a free, fully-licensed copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Once we’ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below we will ship your gift within 6-8 weeks of the release to manufacturing of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. While you’re waiting, why not check out additional Webcasts of vLabs to further your skills?"

(if you did the Vista it will show the info for Vista too"

heres the clincher that i've got to look into, see the line "eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below"

Hmmmmmmm....OK, lets take a look at those 'eligibility requirements' then:

"* The Power Together Campaign consists of two (2) offers, the Windows Vista Business Offer and the Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Offer, and is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (includes District of Columbia) 18 years of age or older. You are not eligible to receive these offers if you or your employer is a participant in the Microsoft Partner Program or the Microsoft Developer Network. To be eligible to receive Windows Vista Business, you must register at www.powertogether.com and participate in at least three (3) qualifying web casts and/or virtual lab sessions within 30 days of registration. To be eligible to receive Microsoft Office Professional 2007, you must register at www.powertogether.com and participate in at least three (3) qualifying web casts and/or virtual lab sessions within 30 days of registration. In order to register at www.powertogether.com, you may be asked to provide personal information including name, telephone, and address. All personal information gathered during registration will be subject to Microsoft’s privacy policy. Limit one gift per person per Offer. These offers are non-transferable. These offers expire on February 28, 2007, or while supplies last, and are not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. If you are eligible for and register to receive both gifts, you must complete a W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) form prior to receipt of the second gift. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipment of your gift(s).

Government Customers: Microsoft intends that use of the services and products offered as part of this promotion comply with applicable federal, state, provincial, and local government gift and ethics rules. If you are a government employee (including an employee of a public education institution), these services and products may be used for evaluation purposes only, solely for the benefit of your agency or institution, and not for the personal use or benefit of any individual. You should consult with your agency or institution counsel or ethics officer prior to use of these services or products. You may return the products to Microsoft at its expense. "

"Microsoft Partner Program or the Microsoft Developer Network" - thats going to screw a lot of people right there.

And then at the very bottom of the page, finally, some type of acknowledgement from MS where it says:

"© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Statement This site hosted for Microsoft by Ascentium."

I want to go to America, watch the videos, get Vista and return home :lol:

Edited by Spooky