[VB] Launching Programs

yep bored thats rite

under the command buttons name event after double clicking the button thats in the runtime u should get the following event

Private Sub commandbuttoname_Click()

End Sub

should look like this:

Private Sub commandbuttoname_Click()
Shell ("C:\programdir\setup.exe")
End Sub

No problammo!

Just gimme a little 'inside info' on what you're programming :)

well if i can get it to work i am new to this programming business i want a small program with has tick boxes on it and then when i tick the ones i want and the click ok i want it to create a cmd file in the folder install and then run that cmd file which has just create and then it will be used to install the application i want as i change my mind alot with this Unattended CD business.

and that basic it.

:rolleyes:

You'll find that Nephilim is already creating a program of this nature. Its called XPES (XP Enhanced Setup). Might be worth while for you to check it out.

:) i did not know thats interesting

EDIT: No you miss understand my idea this is not to do what Nephilim will do its will run that the end of the first CD setup and display options like install office etc...and you will be able to check the box for which ones and then in creates a batch file with them options and runs the batch file. Or if you do not choose your options then 5 minutes or so after it appears it contines with a default setting of all my programs to be installed.

Nope.

My program creates the winnt.sif

Nephilim's program is run after windows has been installed (executed at the guirunonce stage) and allows you to select programs to install. After a certain amount of time (currently 12 hrs 10 mins, which is a very stupid amount of time which im trying to get him to change) it will install the defaults automatcially if no buttons are pressed.

The program is exactly what you're looking for :)

Nope.

My program creates the winnt.sif

Nephilim's program is run after windows has been installed (executed at the guirunonce stage) and allows you to select programs to install. After a certain amount of time (currently 12 hrs 10 mins, which is a very stupid amount of time which im trying to get him to change) it will install the defaults automatcially if no buttons are pressed.

The program is exactly what you're looking for :)

i see so he save me the bother of setuping up a program for my self and learning all that code and stuff.... :D

Kind of a long time mind.... :rolleyes: