Amd sempron 3000+ k8nf4g-sata2

Osamah

Arrite fellas, ive been spent loads of hours trying to sort this out myself, searching on the internet. but now i have given up and need help.

Currently i have asrock k8nf4g as my motherboard, amd sempron 3000+ processor, ddr sdram 1gb pc3200 400mhz.

Yesterday I overclocked my cpu from 1.81 to 2.3 with stability and an low temperature. 512 mb ddr sdram 400mhz pc3200. which was automatically set at 333mhz pc2700.

today i upgraded 512 elixir to kingston 1gb.

now problem number 1 :: 1gb 400mhz pc3200, but my motherboard shows it as 2700 333 with automatic detection. If i change it to 3200 400 manually the system keeps crashing and by crashing i mean never boots up.

problem number 2 :: if i dont change the sdram settings back to automatic i.e. (pc 2700 333mhz) it still doesnt boot up unless i decrease the clock speed to around 2.2 ghz.

so now i have set everything back to automatic i.e. 1.81 ghz and 1gb pc2700 333mhz.

can anybody tell me why this thing is happening, is it because i upgraded my ram. plzzzzzzz help!!

well yeah it is compatiable..i am new to overclocking but i have been building my own pcs since in was in grade nine.

so yes it is compatible and my mother board can take it. if i set the ram to 3200 400 my system doesnt boot up cos my system is overclocked. but if i decrease the cpu speed..e.g from 2.2 to 1.9 it boots up. the thing i cant understand is why. the temperature is alright, the voltage is perfect 1.5.

thts why ive given my motherboard model number so that all you geniuses can help.

sorry if i sound sarcastic, cant help it its in my bones but i really need help.

If you start to overclock you need to set the RAM to 133(266)MHz first. Then you can start overclocking your CPU. Later you post here your settings and we will help you step by step .

My Sempron64 1.6GHz CPUs work at 2.4/2.5GHz with no problems at all, with the same motherboard as you have.

EDIT: Some examples:

- If you set your RAM with a OC of 1.8°2.3 then your RAM will be working on 255(511)MHz when RAM set to 166(400)MHz

- If you set your RAM with a OC of 1.8°2.3 then your RAM will be working on 213(426)MHz when RAM set to 166(333)MHz

- If you set your RAM with a OC of 1.8°2.3 then your RAM will be working on 170(340)MHz when RAM set to 133(266)MHz

I think you get the point now ;).

Edited by puntoMX

well as i said before.

cpu specs:amd sempron 3000+ socket 754, 1.81 ghz at stock.

Ram:ddr sdram kingston 1 gb pc3200 400.

temperature: 38 degree celcius max.

voltage: auto.

(currently m running 2.21 ghz at cpu - overclocked) and (333 mhz at memory - auto) if i increase cpu clock it crashes. if i keep the clock same and increase ram from auto to 400 it crashes. thts all it does if i change the current settings even by 1mhz.

so now can you help me as u have the current specifications.

okay..so i guess i have figured out what could be wrong but m still not sure if tht could be the only thing.

so i have 330W psu, i suppose it cant provide enough power for both processor and the ram. am i right ??

well ive tried everything u said and it still ends up at the same value. so here is an image of what i can get with most stability.

http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cpuzpr6.png

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cpuz1at7.png

m i being greedy trying to push it more ?? :D

should i be satisfied with what i have achieved ??

Edited by Osamah

Try this BIOS, it’s a modded BIOS that let you set better the RAM timings.

Go to this forum and I’m sure you will find some interesting information on overclocking that CPU on your mobo. If the stepping of the CPU isn’t that old you should hit 2.5/2.8GHz with it.

well i need to reset my cmos and then format my hard disk and all the other stuff to update bios and still its a risk...i cant do that ive already spent too much on this computer and u see it is christmas time so i cant put my computer on stake..but anyway thanx for all the help.

Looks like you never flashed a BIOS.

It’s easy, make a bootable CD or floppy (DOS-mode) and follow the instructions on the ASRock site. Use the modded BIOS and there you go. No need to format your drive, not even to reset your BIOS, but yes, you have to set your BIOS again.

OCing isn’t for every one ;).