Windows Vista Services List

Jeremy

I am removing services preinstall, not just disabling, not that much yet but soon, and I do feel the drastic improvement versus the full version. Thing is that I remove multiple components like Sidebar, Defender and such, if I saw correctly it takes 100MB of RAM less on first logon.

Anyway if it's "only" on copying new files imagine the frustration when I constantly moving (copying) Windows installation files over and over while testing my tools.

And above all if it's only 5 seconds of indexing I gotta ask why? For that monthly search...heh...I don't want a database of my files hashed because of that, it's funny to say the least.

Very nice, Dig. Yeah, no doubt I screwed up there somewhere. :lol:

So Nuhi's already hacking the crap out of Vista. :P

Geez, I guess I should start beta testing stuff, since M$ is giving out free copies. I don't want to have an illegal copy yet have to pay $100's of $$$ for it. *cries*

Edited by Jeremy

Alright here is the definitive Service list for Vista Ultimate, I might do this for the other editions later :)

I've attached both the TXT file I exported from Services.msc and the XLS file used to make the chart.

You can easily sort, arrange, and color the rows/columns in Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice Calc, etc.

Vista_Ultimate_Services_Page1.png

Vista_Ultimate_Services_Page2.png

Vista_Ultimate_Services_Page3.png

Vista_Ultimate_Services.rar

Wow. 11,700 drivers built-in with Vista... Nuhi, you should be able to strip off a few GBs just by removing drivers alone, and then Languages? nLite for Vista shouldn't take long at all, eh? :lol:

man thats alot of drivers, cant wait to see what all can be nlited with it in the end