Having probs with %CDROM% WPI v5.5

I'm having probs with the %CDROM% var.

When running WPI from runonceex on a multiboot DVD, it all works fine, %CDROM%=R: in the log file.

I'm now trying to setup an autorun DVD for other apps. WPI gets started OK, I start the install process, install steps thru with pass/fail results, but nothing gets installed. The log file indicates pass/fails, but the global variables are;

Global variables:
%OSLANG%=ENU
%WPIPATH%=F:\WPI
%ROOT%=F:\
%CDROM%=F:\WPI (should be R:)

The log result is:
cmd1 Success (returned code 1): "CMD /C copy "F:\WPI\WinOffice\AppsOffice\2003 Office Docs\Access 2003 Bible.pdf" "C:\Program Files""

The log result should be;
cmd1 Success (returned code 1): "CMD /C copy "R:\WinOffice\AppsOffice\2003 Office Docs\Access 2003 Bible.pdf" "C:\Program Files""

I'm using the same DVD structure for multiboot/autorun

\\DVD root
+WPI
+WinOffice

I've tried this in both a real and virtual env, and run WPI from the DVD and a USB stick (for VMware testing). I've checked the config.js file and thats fine.

Any ideas appreciated.

are you trying to make a standalone disk just for installing apps ?

if so can you post your file structer that your burning to disk and also a copy of your config.js file..

it sounds to me that, the reason its not installing anything is because wpi can not find the applications to install and thats always due to addresses,, but wont know for sure what the real problem is until you give us more information

Thanks Lost Soul.

I've attached a really basic ISO to show the dir structure and included a cut down config.js file in it. Except for the config.js file, all files are 0 bytes. But the basic cmd is;

cmd1[pn]=['FILECOPY "%CDROM%\\WinOffice\\AppsOffice\\2003 Office Docs\\Access 2003 Bible.pdf" "%PROGRAMFILES%"'];

On my multiboot DVD its fine, I use the same structure type there where the dir containing the files to process is parallel to the WPI dir. I've even had the WPI folder on a USB or network drive and find the %CDROM%. See what happend when you try something new... :D

WinOffice.rar

Thanks Lost Soul.

I've attached a really basic ISO to show the dir structure and included a cut down config.js file in it. Except for the config.js file, all files are 0 bytes. But the basic cmd is;

cmd1[pn]=['FILECOPY "%CDROM%\\WinOffice\\AppsOffice\\2003 Office Docs\\Access 2003 Bible.pdf" "%PROGRAMFILES%"'];

On my multiboot DVD its fine, I use the same structure type there where the dir containing the files to process is parallel to the WPI dir. I've even had the WPI folder on a USB or network drive and find the %CDROM%. See what happend when you try something new... :D

WinOffice.rar

ok this is what i see is wrong..

wether your running to install from any where, cdrom or what ever,, your foldewr structer is wrong..

from what i see its structered like this, im guessing thats like this on the root of your cd/dvd

yours structer

WinOffice

----> WinBusiness

----> WinOffice

----> WPI

i suggest your structer look like this everything inside the wpi folder

WPI

----> Install

----> WinBusiness

----> WinOffice

and your code from with in config.js is this

i believe it should be this

cmd1[pn]=['FILECOPY "%CDROM%\\[color=#FF6666]Install[/color]\\WinOffice\\AppsOffice\\2003 Office Docs\\Access 2003 Bible.pdf" "%PROGRAMFILES%"'];

after doing them little things, if your making a standalone, just burn the contents of the wpi folder to a disk with a autorun,inf with it,

now if its not a standalone and you actually keep all your apps within the install folder of wpi then your addy for apps would go like this with the wpi folder.. ... note wpi goes on the root of the cd in these methods

cmd1[pn]=['FILECOPY "%CDROM%WPI\\Install\\WinOffice\\AppsOffice\\2003 Office Docs\\Access 2003 Bible.pdf" "%PROGRAMFILES%"'];

... so hence in a nut shell, its not installing due to the addys not being correctly inputted and also your folder structer..

try to check that out and try them little changes and see how it works out for you.. i hope any of this makes sense to you

Edited by Lost Soul

Thanks Lost Soul. I've now put everything within the \\WPI\Install folder, and it works. But am still at a loss to explain why I need a different folder structure for standalone vs multiboot/runonceex. Also the log file results for the different methods.

Standalone DVD;

Global variables:
%OSLANG%=ENU
%WPIPATH%=R:\WPI
%ROOT%=R:\
%CDROM%=R:\WPI (%WPIPATH% same as %CDROM%)
%DOSPATH%=
%SYSTEMDRIVE%=C:

Multiboot DVD;

Global variables:
%OSLANG%=ENU
%WPIPATH%=R:\WPI
%ROOT%=R:\
%CDROM%=R: (%WPIPATH% different to %CDROM% as I'd expect)
%DOSPATH%=
%SYSTEMDRIVE%=C:

I was also able to burn the DVD and have/run WPI on a USB stick or network share for ease of testing/editing. Now if I do that, it assumes that the %CDROM% is wherever WPI is. Thats whats throwing me.