[Question] Router didn't respond after turn it on?

grafx1

i'm sharing ADSL with friends through a router and switch

we turn off router at night

the problem that when we power it up in the morning, then i try to connect to internet, it didn't respond, i keep on sending requests may be for 6 times, then it responds !! ( during that period, i can ping the router normally ).

as if it was sleeping

is there a settings to solve that ?

i'd raised the lease time from 1 day to 3 days, but it didn't help.

Thank you.

Edited by grafx1

in the morning, is it roughly the same time each morning you try to access the net? Is it possible there are access rules in that router that turn off web access during certain periods of time? I know my linksys one has that feature, though I'm not sure about yours.

Very common with ADSL. Because ADSL connection usually require a login, after long periods of inactivity the connection gets dropped and then when you first try to access the internet it will have to re-establish the connection with your provider before you can access the internet. Hence the delay.

really :o ? and what about splitter, can a bad splitter do that :unsure:

as the router was ok from a year ago and it wasn't dropping...

Thanks.

ADSL modems are very sensitive, yes, a bad splitter or wire could also adversly affect your modem. It's standard practice with ADSL modems to plug them into their own jack.

sorry what's the mean of "It's standard practice with ADSL modems to plug them into their own jack."

It means most of the time when you have an ADSL modem you try to plug them into the wall outlet by themselves using the shortest wire possible and no splitters. This reduces the chances of interferance.

I'd found that: the problem is when i shut my PC for a while may be 2 or 3 hours then power it again, i can't connect to the internet at the begining then may be after minutes, it connects !! (the router is always on).

had i to leave it on or is there a settings to solve that ??

Thanks.

I'd found that: the problem is when i shut my PC for a while may be 2 or 3 hours then power it again, i can't connect to the internet at the begining then may be after minutes, it connects !! (the router is always on).

had i to leave it on or is there a settings to solve that ??

Thanks.

What is the brand and model of your router?