network is this possible

Lost Soul

its true its gonna be a job, so my first task will be to create whats needed most a "file server/print server", im thinking of installing Ubuntu with a samba file and print server, with cups latest windows drivers,

There is one model not to get, though. The "L" model, I think, because the hardware is not as good.

isnt the L model all linux based models ?

Also check this firmware out: http://www.thibor.co.uk/

god that really does add alot of features, thanks tain for bringing that to my attention,

and thanks again tinker i nearly forgot about signal strength

btw tinker... is there any advantage to having your own cable/dsl modem, because from the area im at here in nc,, the 2 main servers are sprint dsl and road runner high speed cable, and both of these provide dsl/cable boxes already ..

but if theres a advantage in having your own, other then you owning it, id definatly get my own..

Edited by Lost Soul

btw tinker... is there any advantage to having your own cable/dsl modem, because from the area im at here in nc,, the 2 main servers are sprint dsl and road runner high speed cable, and both of these provide dsl/cable boxes already ..

but if theres a advantage in having your own, other then you owning it, id definatly get my own..

What ever you want to do will work. For what you are charged by the ISP you can pay for the modem in less than a year as a rule.

I would go with Thibor 15c for the router. I tried DD-WRT v23 SP2 and after about 15 minutes, everything slowed down to a crawl. I rebooted the router, and I couldn't even access the web GUI. After a night of being off, I was finally able to access the web GUI and reflash it with Thibor. It's been running ever since without a hitch. :yes: