sasser virus in wpi 5.5?!

hi, something very strange is happening: I'm trying to make a win XP installation that will include WPI, I follow the suggested folder structure, i start adding programs and after 3 or 4 programs I decided to test the WPI (I'm using the last version) so I can see how it goes coz' I'm totally new to this wpi thing. Well, after i ran the WPI.hta file I checked a couple of apps that i had configured in the install menu and I clicked on "install". instantly I get a small window just like the sasser virus saying that the pc will reboot in 30 seconds and there is no way of stopping that. I scanned 3 time with nod32 everything, I installed trojan remover and nothing! there is no infection in my machine and the WPI nstallation file I donwloaded does not contain any viruses too (according to NOD32). can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? is this some kind of a joke pulled by the programmer of WPI? I am positive my machine is not infected.

HELP! :blink:

hi, something very strange is happening: I'm trying to make a win XP installation that will include WPI, I follow the suggested folder structure, i start adding programs and after 3 or 4 programs I decided to test the WPI (I'm using the last version) so I can see how it goes coz' I'm totally new to this wpi thing. Well, after i ran the WPI.hta file I checked a couple of apps that i had configured in the install menu and I clicked on "install". instantly I get a small window just like the sasser virus saying that the pc will reboot in 30 seconds and there is no way of stopping that. I scanned 3 time with nod32 everything, I installed trojan remover and nothing! there is no infection in my machine and the WPI nstallation file I donwloaded does not contain any viruses too (according to NOD32). can anyone tell me what the hell is going on? is this some kind of a joke pulled by the programmer of WPI? I am positive my machine is not infected.

wpi has no viruses, atleast none that im aware of..

during your tests ill say,, do the apps actually install or is this happening, before the installs ever get a chance to install ?

also this could also be forcing a restart because of an application that your trying to install,,

could you post your config.js file and possible your log file for wpi that gets created during the installs

Edited by Lost Soul

wpi has no viruses, atleast none that im aware of..

during your tests ill say,, do the apps actually install or is this happening, before the installs ever get a chance to install ?

also this could also be forcing a restart because of an application that your trying to install,,

could you post your config.js file and possible your log file for wpi that gets created during the installs

it's not the app I'm trying to install because I tried different apps and some of them very "normal", like Aida32, for example...

nothing happens, right after hitting the "begin installation" button i get a window saying that the PC will reboot in 30 secs, and there is no frikin' stopping for that...

here is the config.js, as for the log file, i didn't fin any. pls remember that this thing happens before even making the iso file, I get this after putting the WPI file in the root of my dir "to be" a bootable install CD.

thanks for your time.

config.js

it's not the app I'm trying to install because I tried different apps and some of them very "normal", like Aida32, for example...
nothing happens, right after hitting the "begin installation" button i get a window saying that the PC will reboot in 30 secs, and there is no frikin' stopping for that...

well a few things come to mind here you say nothing happens after you hit begin install well theres alot of reasons for that,, first look at this

cmd1[pn]=['"%CDROM%\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\XP install\\WPI\\Install\\Alcohol 120v1.9.5.4521\\Alcohol120_retail_1.9.5.4521.exe"'];

1, you need to remove the quotes

2, if your trying to install from a cd and your trying to test it on your pc that %cdrom% variable only works from cd there for testing it straight from a hd wont work

3. if you have any spaces in any address that your pointing to any install,, the program can not find its installer

4. and also you really need to add an install order to each application,, you only have 1 and thats the first one

now as for your program trying to restart after it cant find any of these installers well,, have you clicked a check in the restart pc after installs portion inside your useroptions which is in the tools section,, because that is defaulted at 30 seconds to reboot the pc after the installs are completed ??

Edited by Lost Soul

thanks for the tip, it was the quotes and the path itself. actually, the only way you'll make it work (from a CD, I mean) is like this: %WPIPATH%\Install\whatever.exe

I do have a question, why the program inserts the complete path and instead of the %WPIPATH% puts %CDROM%, wouldn't it be much easier if the program wrote the path correctly for a CD?!

thanks for the help.

thanks for the tip, it was the quotes and the path itself. actually, the only way you'll make it work (from a CD, I mean) is like this: %WPIPATH%\Install\whatever.exe

I do have a question, why the program inserts the complete path and instead of the %WPIPATH% puts %CDROM%, wouldn't it be much easier if the program wrote the path correctly for a CD?!

thanks for the help.

well technically it would be easier but since theres so many ways to actually place wpi and run it from the developers felt it was easiest to just have it write the wpipath variable, in the past it has been cdrom,, but not every body runs it from cd,, id say running apps freom a cd is really for more advanced users,, and im guessing that a large chunk of the users that use wpi are newbies,,

well im glad i could help