RAID Slipstreamer x86/x64

iTwins

Is .Net 1.1 required ? I have v2 & v3 installed but no 1.1

Yes, you are right, Kixform.NET requires .NET v1.1. It does not support v2 or v3 yet.

And my fault for failing to mention this...

Thanks. That worked great with 1.1 installed.

Now, I burned a CD with the folder used but it doesnt load in the server. I guess it needs to boot. What process do you suggest to accomplish this ?

Hi and thank you for your nice tool.

The folder $OEM$ is on the root of the CD, and its content is copied to different paths of the installation hard disk.

You should use that folder, and not i386\$OEM$.

Best regards,

Silvio6

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings…

I’m getting the infamous error when loading drivers during boot, “ARCSAS.SYS could not be foundâ€

The end result I’m hoping to achieve is to use BartPE to boot a Dell PE 1950 without errors. If I just use a plain BartPE cd, it boots without errors. However, the drivers are not included for the SATA drives. I tried manually including the drivers on the BartPE cd using their instructions but I was getting a similar message missing .SYS files. This led me to try RaidSlipstreamer.

I copied the contents of the Win 2k3 Standard x86 cd rom to the hard disk using 8.3 filenames. I ran RaidSlipstreamer v3.02 to include the SATA drivers. I then ran PEBuilder to build an ISO image using the OS files which supposedly included the SATA drivers. Booting using the BartPE cd gave me the error with ARCSAS.SYS not found.

My apologies if I’m missing crucial information.

Please help!!

After some frustration, I was able to accomplish my goal. I ended up using nLite to integrate the SATA drivers. Then created a new ISO using BartPE - PEBuilder. All is working fine now.

Edited by maro76

I extracted the contents of my winpe disc to the hard drive in the c:\work directory. I then type in c:\work into raid slipstreamer and select manual and winpe. I then select windows xp.. I hit the proceed button and it just disappears off screen without doing anything.

I extracted the contents of my winpe disc to the hard drive in the c:\work directory. I then type in c:\work into raid slipstreamer and select manual and winpe. I then select windows xp.. I hit the proceed button and it just disappears off screen without doing anything.

Confirmed. The WinPE feature doesn't work anymore. Hopefully it will be corrected next version.

- May 28th, 2007 - Just when you annihilated these vermins, another one pops up. Anyways, fixed the WinPE problem. VistaPE (WinPE v2.0) is still not supported but I am investigating. Also, not much updates to the drivers except the IBM ServeRAID 8i/8k/8k-l/8s SAS Controller, which should now support the latest controller revisions. The rest of the drivers appear to be the latest. Last but not least, the tool will close itself after each task. This is intentional and normal...for now.

Thanks for the update. It worked perfect on my PE disc. My next question is about updating your drivers. Say you release 3.0.4 with a few more controllers supported. Can I just apply the 3.0.4 to my already 3.0.3 PE directory? Will it understand and just work, or will it duplicate all the entries?

Thanks for the update. It worked perfect on my PE disc. My next question is about updating your drivers. Say you release 3.0.4 with a few more controllers supported. Can I just apply the 3.0.4 to my already 3.0.3 PE directory? Will it understand and just work, or will it duplicate all the entries?

You can run RAID Slipstreamer as many times as you want without having to worry about impacting the outcome. However, there are some entries that are duplicated, which can lead to duplicated efforts. i.e. repeatedly copying the same driver multiple times during the textmode phase.

If you look into your DOSNET.INF file, look under the header [Floppyfiles.2] and search for ARCSAS.SYS for example. If you repeatedly run RAID Slipstreamer several times, you might notice dupplicated entries of "d1, arcsas.sys". Having too many of the same entries could take longer time for the copying to complete...

I haven't had the time to work on this project. I've been meaning to provide an Uninstall feature for removing previous entries as well as allowing the user to choose which driver to include rather than currently, which includes ALL regardless whether you use it or not. I'll do it once I find time...

Edited by iTwins

• 2 weeks later...

WOHOOO You don't understand how happy I am to find this little helper. I have spent the better part of a month trying to reinstall my RAID laptop and it just hasn't work with what helpdesk have told me. I have used a Nlite version of windows but never thought of searching the forum for this.

Something poped up in my head and i put in RAID in the search in the forum and up popps this. Download, setup and reburn, reboot and bam there is my HDD all dectected.

Thank you so much... finally I can get my life going again...

thank you thank you thank you...

• 3 weeks later...

- June 28th, 2007 This is purely a driver update. The main reason for this update was to add support for my new Dell Latitude D630 laptop that requires the latest Intel IASTOR.SYS drivers. Since I was spending time on that, might as well look for other new drivers to update as well. And there were a few, including support for my new nVidia nForce 630a-based motherboard....

• 1 month later...

Great tool though since using it I am unable to install the Windows Recovery Console. I keep receive the following error

Setup was unable to build the list of files to be copied.

The data is invalid.

I've tested the install without using the RAID Slipstreamer and no problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Known Bugs:

- problem with the integrated RAID.INI where the 2 driver SYS was named incorrectly.

Temporary workaround:

1) Run "RAID Slipstreamer x86 v4.0 Build 070914.exe" /export

2) Edit RAID.INI

3) Change these two lines:

from DRIVERNAME="ATIAHCI.SYS" to DRIVERNAME="AHCI8086.SYS"

from DRIVERNAME="SISAHCI" to DRIVERNAME="SISRAID4.SYS"

4) Use a clean operating system and run using the following command-line:

RAID Slipstreamer x86 v4.0 Build 070914.exe /SOURCE <source_path> /PNPINI path:\raid.ini /QUICK

That should do it.

Thanks Namde for informing me of this problem.

What's new in v4.0 Build 070915:

- Replaced download link to Build 070915

- Increased processing speed by several hundred percent. Build 070914 took 2 minutes 35 seconds to process one OS; Build 070915 took 12 seconds. You do the maths. :)

- Network processing speed is also speed up by many folds.

- Fixed the two wrong driver info (AHCI8086.SYS and SISRAID4.SYS) in RAID.INI

- Fixed unable to use non-auto detect platform drivers

- Fixed minor visual bugs

- Fixed minor logfile bugs

- Removed nVidia drivers. Confusing as hell therefore, I removed them ALL but I'll re-add them later once I find time

Benchmarked the different versions of RAID Slipstreamer slipstreaming drivers to my 37 operating system folders housed in a remote NAS box through 100Mbps or 1Gbps full duplex LAN (no difference between the two):

v3.0.4 took 43 minutes

v4.0 Build 070914 took 4 hours and 4 minutes

v4.0 Build 070915 took 12 minutes 13 seconds