Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router Version 2000 playing up

djstevieb

I have the Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router Version 2000 and I am having big problems with it!

I cant log into the router at all, wired or wireless connection, I can access the internet and my LAN ok but not the router. I can get as far as the welcome page but when I try to do anything else the router does not respond. The Firmware Version is 2.01.02 which is the latest version available (even if it is old). I have tried everything including resetting the router but it still does the same, and now due to it being reset its lost all my settings and has become an unsecure connection. Plus the wireless connection keeps dropping off randomly. :realmad:

I have emailed Belkin about this but I havent heard anything yet. I've also googled the matter and have found a few forums mentioning problems with the router but no solutions.

Help me please!

Edited by djstevieb

When I have had problems in the past with Belkin routers, I have simply phoned them, and they have replaced the faulty item. Usually within a couple of days.

In the meantime, have you tried forcing a hardware reset on the router? Should be a small button on the back, which will return it back to the factory defaults.

One final question... have you got any other routers operating on your network? I ask this, as I had a similar problem with two LinkSys routers on my network, and they were conflicting with each other. I could only connect to one, even though the other was working fine.

When I have had problems in the past with Belkin routers, I have simply phoned them, and they have replaced the faulty item. Usually within a couple of days.
Has that been in the warranty period, because I'm not sure if my router is still in warranty.
In the meantime, have you tried forcing a hardware reset on the router? Should be a small button on the back, which will return it back to the factory defaults.
Done it and its still doing the same thing, but now with none of my settings.
One final question... have you got any other routers operating on your network? I ask this, as I had a similar problem with two LinkSys routers on my network, and they were conflicting with each other. I could only connect to one, even though the other was working fine.
I did have but I took the other one out and its still doing the same.

I've not had a reply to my email to Belkin yet either.

Edited by djstevieb

I can't see it not being in the warranty period... Pre-N routers haven't been out in the retail space for more than a few months. Any manufacturer worth its salt will give you at least a 1 year warranty.

good luck. Any problems I've had have always been fixed with a hardware reset. You might also try re-flashing the firmware, should one be available from their website. That may sometimes fix access issues, especially if there's just a corruption in the firmware.

Thanks for your help guys, but nothing worked!

I did finally get an email from Belkin asking me loads of questions that to me had nothing to do with the matter in hand. Instead of me emailing and waiting again I called them instead, after being told "we're sorry but all our advisors are busy, please call back later" more times than I care to mention, I finally got through. I was asked all the stupid questions again, told to do everything I had already tried again and it still didnt work. After being put on hold a few times and after having been through all the above rubbish the guy finally agreed to send me out a new one. Althought I havent received any confirmation like the guy said I would.

Hopefully the replacement will work. I had a Belkin router before this one and that one decided it didnt want to allow the wireless access anymore so it was replaced with this one. I think if I have to buy another router in the future I will stear well clear or Belkin!