Integrating SATA and RAID drivers with HFSLIP

Oleg_II

I wanted to request a small addition/change:

When hfslip integrates the driver sys files, and makes the changes to txtsetup and dosnet.inf; can you please add the entries in dosnet.inf under the "[FloppyFiles.2]" section.

This is required if you are doing an install from network.

Yes, just the sys files. I just copy over the list from the other section that you modify in the dosnet.inf file.

I haven't tried a true DOS based install in some time, I've been using DVD installs or WinPE for deployments. But i can give it a try tomorrow and make sure it doesn't break anything. I don't think it will, but i will verify.

That's alright. You think the HFSLIP code is clear? :)

I'll make another test release and then we'll hear it soon enough if it breaks DOS-based installs, but I personally doubt it if the files are still present in the [Files] section.

Is no one able to solve the problem that I outlined on the previous page? I'm really stuck guys and I could sure use some help here.

You need to make sure you have the latest version of "iaStor.sys", and you need to check and see if the device ID's for that device are actually listed in the storage.ini file. If not, then you need to add them.

In a Windows environment (windows or Winpe) run:

devcon find pci*

This will give you a list of all devices, then you can look at the device ID's for your sata controller and compare.

Is no one able to solve the problem that I outlined on the previous page? I'm really stuck guys and I could sure use some help here.

You need to make sure you have the latest version of "iaStor.sys", and you need to check and see if the device ID's for that device are actually listed in the storage.ini file. If not, then you need to add them.

In a Windows environment (windows or Winpe) run:

devcon find pci*

This will give you a list of all devices, then you can look at the device ID's for your sata controller and compare.

I went into run and typed: "devcon find pci*" and I got an error. Also, what program do you use to view the content inside iastor.sys?

Edited by Sgt_Strider