What is going to follow OfficeXp ? Anyone know?

babis

Hi everyone, hope you all had/going to have a blast for new year's eve..

Anyone familiar with any development towards the new version of officexp? For example we know that "maybe" longhorn (winNT 5.2) is coming Q1 of 2003... How about the new office? if there is one?

or is MS going to be pushing for the whole .net concept which till now I'm really confused about... It is basically going to be sort of an ASP and we "rent" the software?.. blah..

I dont know, but Ill say one thing....I have Office 2001 (not called XP BTW) and there was no difference between Office 2000 and office 2001. It was all a gimmick that bent you over for more money, thanks god I didnt buy 2001.:) :eek: :eek:

-XPerties

wow there was a 2001? I never heard of that.

all i know is that xp = 2002

I have xp running one system and 2000 on all the others...

too lazy to upgrade...

Although word is probably the most important app, I don't get what more can you possible add to it? you aren't giong to type faster with any newer versions? .. blah

the only thing I like about xp is: speed and looks.

but thanks Chris for the reply..

Whooppppssss....my bad

Office 2000 is the same as Office 2002 (its not called XP)...sorry I thought 2002 was 2001. To many dam years. besides why they name it 2002 , It wasnt even 2002, it should be 2001...blah blah blah

-XPerties

They did make a few changes in Office XP that has been helpful for me...but not worth running out and buying your new copy of Office XP if you have Office 2000. IMO...WPA in XP versus none in Office2K? Stick with 2000! BTW--I haven't seen anywhere talk of another version ahead of Office2002.

Rick:cool:

I attended a developer briefing on Office XP and from the M$ horses mouth - the MAJOR changes from Office 2000 to Office XP have TOTALLY to do with XML and integration capabilities with other M$ stuff like sharepoint (a groupware web service). For basic features that standalone users actually use - they did not spend ANY time covering. Made me think - Office XP was a release that was to allow the 3rd party developer community to develop the cool stuff that would spur sales of Office XP. Any thoughts????

LS

Conan - DUH!

I don't understand your post. Of course there are versions of EVERYTHING MS for corps that don't require all the cr@p that the general consumer has to go through. But what do they have to do with next version/diffs between Office 2000 and XP and beyond?

No offense intended - just did not follow the point of your post within the thread.

LS

Conan - DUH!

I don't understand your post. Of course there are versions of EVERYTHING MS for corps that don't require all the cr@p that the general consumer has to go through. But what do they have to do with next version/diffs between Office 2000 and XP and beyond?

No offense intended - just did not follow the point of your post within the thread.

LS [/quote:f58a74a5c0]

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I was refering to barnettrp's pro/cons about Office 2000 against Office XP which was about product activation.