AutoIT Scripts from WPI

Hey all,

This is my first attempt at making an unattended disc. I have read thru most of the pdf instructions. I have the service packs integrated. At one point I had most of my software installing from the RunOnce file, but I had some issues finding all of the silent switches I needed. So I decided to use AutoIt. I have created about half of the scripts I need to do all of my software, but I can't get WPI to launch them. I have it all configured and browse out to the AutoIT script in the command section but still nothing. Here is a bit about my disc set up.

WPI is in it's own folder inside of the Root of the unattended DVD.

Inside of WPI (in the Install folder) are all of my applications, both the exe file and the .au3 script.

To test, I am making an image using CDimage and then mounting that image using Daemon Tools on my main PC.

Then I browse out to the "DVD" drive and launch WPI. WPI comes up fine with my configuration, but when I set any of the programs to install, it fails.

Here is a copy of the path in WPI.

"%CDROM%\MCEDVD_EN\WPI\Install\Working\Acrobat_5\Adobe_5.au3"

I know this is probably something dumb, but if you guys could give me any help, I would really appreciate it.

Also another quick question I have is, how do you launch WPI on first log on. I tried to put it in my RunOnce.cmd, but that didn't seem to work either.

Thanks is advance.

Dave

hi, well to answer your question is actually very easy,, your only half way done useing your autoit script,, your autoit script has to be converted from .au3 to .exe,, i suggest reading alittle more on autoit,

after youve converted your au3 to a exe file simply just run the exe and thats it,,

hope that helps some.. ..

Hey all,

This is my first attempt at making an unattended disc. I have read thru most of the pdf instructions. I have the service packs integrated. At one point I had most of my software installing from the RunOnce file, but I had some issues finding all of the silent switches I needed. So I decided to use AutoIt. I have created about half of the scripts I need to do all of my software, but I can't get WPI to launch them. I have it all configured and browse out to the AutoIT script in the command section but still nothing. Here is a bit about my disc set up.

WPI is in it's own folder inside of the Root of the unattended DVD.

Inside of WPI (in the Install folder) are all of my applications, both the exe file and the .au3 script.

To test, I am making an image using CDimage and then mounting that image using Daemon Tools on my main PC.

Then I browse out to the "DVD" drive and launch WPI. WPI comes up fine with my configuration, but when I set any of the programs to install, it fails.

I know this is probably something dumb, but if you guys could give me any help, I would really appreciate it.

Also another quick question I have is, how do you launch WPI on first log on. I tried to put it in my RunOnce.cmd, but that didn't seem to work either.

Thanks is advance.

Dave

convert au3 to exe and run that